Welcome New International Students!
It is mandatory for all international visa students to attend the events below. Please register accordingly. If you are an Immigrant/Permanent Resident Student, it is highly recommended that you attend the events as well and complete the Cultural Awareness course.
Set! Ready! Go! Preparing for your Program
Before starting your academic program, get the information you need to get set for success!
- Complete the Cultural Awareness Course – Mandatory
- Join a Pre-Arrival Webinar on July 23 or July 25. See below:
- Webinar 1: Monday, July 23, 2018. Winnipeg time: 4:00-5:30pm
(Brazil 6:30-8:00pm, China 5:00-6:30am, Korea 6:00-7:30am)
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, July 25, 2018. Winnipeg: 8:00-9:30am
(India 5:30-7:00pm, China 9:00-10:30pm, Korea 10:00-11:30pm, Brazil 10:00-11:30am)
After you arrive and are settled in Winnipeg, come to the College and get ready to start your classes!
- Campus Tour – Visit your campus and take a tour! Tours are available up to August 17, 2018. Space is limited so please register early to reserve your place for the campus you were accepted to: Notre Dame Campus Tour OR Roblin Centre (Exchange District Campus) Tour
- Red River Connect – Mandatory. This welcoming event is held for all international students starting academic programs at Red River College. You will have the opportunity to network with students and staff, get important information about succeeding at the College, and share pizza with new friends. Food and beverages will be provided after the session. August 20, 2018 at Notre Dame Campus – Pre-registration required
- Red River Ready – Mandatory (Registration information will be sent to you via email) All new students are invited to their campus to learn about student supports and opportunities, meet other students, and attend meet-up sessions to learn more about the Red River College Community. August 21, 2018 @ Roblin Centre (Exchange District) Campus OR August 23, 2018 @ Notre Dame Campus
GO (Get Oriented)
GO (Get Oriented) is the third stage of transition supports for new immigrant and international students. Over the first eight weeks of your program, we have strategies, resources, and supports to help you start on the path to success in your life, program, and career in Canada.
- Week 1 – Get Involved: Opportunities on Campus (Sept 4-7, 2018)
- Week 2 – Get Settled: Finding What You Need in Winnipeg (Sept 10-14. 2018)
- Week 3 – Get Organized: Planning for Success in your Program (Sept 17-21, 2018)
- Week 4 – Get Working: Your Career Starts NOW (Sept 24-28, 2018)
- Week 5 – Get Connected: Building Relationships in a New Culture (Oct 1-5, 2018)
- Week 6 – Get Culture: Understanding Canadian Culture (Oct 9-12, 2018)
- Week 7 – Get Help: Dealing with Challenges in your Program (Oct 15-19, 2018)
- Week 8 – Get Healthy: Healthy Mind, Healthy Life (Oct 22-26, 2018)
- Please visit our Pre-Arrival and Post-Arrival Page for more important information before your trip!