Welcome New International Students!
It is mandatory for all international visa students to attend the events below. Please register accordingly. If you are an Immigrant/Permanent Resident Student, it is highly recommended that you attend the events as well and complete the Cultural Orientation.
Set! Ready! Go! Preparing for your Program
Before starting your academic program, get the information you need to get set for success!
- Complete the Cultural Orientation – Mandatory
- Watch the Pre-Arrival Webinar which was live-streamed on November 15.
Please visit our Pre-Arrival and Post-Arrival Page for more important information before your trip to Winnipeg.
After you arrive and are settled in Winnipeg, come to the College and get ready to start your classes!
- Campus Tour – Visit your campus and take a tour! Tours may be available for the next intakes. Check out RRC’s Welcome Events page for more details.
- Red River Connect – Mandatory. This welcoming event is held for all international students starting academic programs at Red River College. You will have the opportunity to network with students and staff, get important information about succeeding at the College, and share pizza with new friends. Food and beverages will be provided after the session. December 19, 2018, or January 5, 2019, at Exchange District Campus
GO (Get Oriented)
GO (Get Oriented) is the third stage of transition supports for new immigrant and international students. Get strategies, resources, and supports to help you start on the path to success in your life, program, and career in Canada.
- Week 1 – Get Involved: Opportunities on Campus
- Week 2 – Get Settled: Finding What You Need in Winnipeg
- Week 3 – Get Organized: Planning for Success in your Program
- Week 4 – Get Working: Your Career Starts NOW
- Week 5 – Get Connected: Building Relationships in a New Culture
- Week 6 – Get Culture: Understanding Canadian Culture
- Week 7 – Get Help: Dealing with Challenges in your Program
- Week 8 – Get Healthy: Healthy Mind, Healthy Life