Red River College offers Moderna vaccine pop-up – Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Appointment-based only open to students, staff and their family members
We are pleased to share that Red River College will host a Moderna COVID-19 vaccine clinic, appointment-based only (no walk-ins will be permitted), on Tuesday, June 29 at our Notre Dame Campus located in the Voyageur Cafeteria:
- Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- Time: 9:00am to 4:00 pm
- Location: Notre Dame Campus – Voyageur Cafeteria
- 2055 Notre Dame Street – Entrance 3
This partnership with Shared Health is part of the College’s continued response to the pandemic to support the province-wide effort to expand testing and make the vaccine readily available to all Manitobans. Strict safety and health protocols are in place to ensure the continued delivery of programs and services on-campus while the vaccine site is in operation.
At this time, we will be offering the Moderna vaccine to Red River College students, staff and their household family members only. Priority appointments have already been provided to certain student groups with a focus on International Students, students at our Language Training Centre and students living in Red River College Residence. Our goal is to help remove barriers to vaccine access and ensure we can provide safe opportunities for our students and their family members to receive vaccines at the College.
Please ensure you have your Red River College Student or Staff ID number ready prior to booking your appointment. You will be required to login to book an appointment for yourself, and login again to book a subsequent appointment for a family member. In order to be eligible to receive the vaccine, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have been residing in Canada for more than 30 days
- You are 18 years of age and older
- If this is for your second dose, you must have received your first dose on or before June 1, 2021
PLEASE CHECK YOUR ACADEMIC EMAIL ON THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2021 FOR A LINK TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT.
If you are able, please fill out the following COVID-19 Standard Immunization Consent Form prior to your appointment. They will also be available at the clinic.
Please book your appointment as soon as possible as doses are limited. Appointments will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
The Government of Canada is encouraging all people eligible to take the first vaccine available to them. Please see the following fact sheets for more information.
- COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines: Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine and Moderna Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Information for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Individuals
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Information for Individuals who are Immunosuppressed and/or have an Autoimmune Condition
- COVID-19 Reaction Factsheet
If you do not meet the eligibility at this time, or choose to wait for the Pfizer vaccine to be available, you can contact ProtectMB:
- Call 1-844-MAN-VACC (1-844-626-8222) toll-free to book your appointment.
- Call centre hours: open every day from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- You can now access interpreter services in over 100 languages when you call the number above. A professional interpreter joins the call to provide information in the language of your choice.
- When making your appointment, you can also request spoken language or American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation services at any of the province’s Super-Site locations.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Safety Health Services at email@example.com. Updates regarding the vaccine site and our continued response to COVID-19 will continue be shared in Staff News, Student News, Learn and at www.rrc.ca/coronavirus.