New Program: Data Science and Machine Learning Diploma – Fall 2021
The recent advancements in computer hardware and machine learning algorithms have driven rapid growth in the use of Data Science and Machine Learning across all economic sectors, with applications in robotics and automation, healthcare, finance, and government, to name just a few. Thus, there is now a huge demand for developers and data analysts with skills and experience in these fields.
In the Data Science and Machine Learning program, students will learn:
- The fundamental concepts in mathematics and statistics that make these technologies possible.
- The skills to collect/organize data and use analytics to inform decisions.
- Implement current machine learning algorithms to address everyday needs in the industry.
- Develop the skills to effectively communicate technical ideas with other developers as well as those without technical knowledge.
- Experience working with industry to develop code for real applications in data science and machine learning.
The regular Admission Requirements for this program are:
Regular Admission Requirements
1. Grade 12, including one credit in each of the following:
- Grade 12 English
- Grade 12 Math (excluding Accounting 40S)
2. English Language Requirements (ELRs) are available here.