Summer is in full swing, but the past couple of cool days here in Winnipeg remind us that Fall is not far off—there are only a few weeks left until classes begin!
It may be hard to think about anything other than enjoying summer fun, but there are a few things that you can be doing now to make sure you are ready for the Fall term:
- Pay your tuition (and get your student card) Although you won’t need to pay your tuition or buy books until your first day of classes, you can save a lot of time standing in line by doing as much as you can before school starts for the Fall. You may also pay tuition online by accessing the HUB.
- Apply for (and finalize) your Student Aid or Scholarship Applications
- Buy your textbooks – Lists are posted on the Campus Store website 3 weeks before classes start.
- Find parking on or off campus!
- Buy your Winnipeg Transit (Bus) Peggo Card – Reduced fee student passes are available in the Students’ Association stores at the Exchange district Campus (the Mercantile) and at Notre Dame Campus (The Ox). Passes are usually available about 1-2 weeks prior to the next month.
- Rent a locker – You can now reserve a locker online through the Hub!
If you aren’t sure how to access or use your Red River College account and email, you can get help at the College Library or Student Service Centre. You will need to use these tools daily during your academic term.
Although an endless summer would be nice, we can’t wait to welcome you back to campus. If you have any questions as you prepare, contact us at email@example.com for answers or an advising session. We are happy to help.
See you soon!