This June our friends at Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) are hosting a “choose-your-own-adventure” version of their classic Ride Don’t Hide event.
RRC staff, students and faculty members are invited to join the RRC team for a chance to move more, give back and feel better. There is no cost to register and whether and how much you fundraise is completely up to you. We may not be gathering to ride as a group, but we will be together in spirit.
About the Ride
You decide how—and how much—to get involved. Ride Outside, Ride Inside or Ride in Spirit.
You can Ride Outside for 100 km throughout June or simply go out for a “leisurely” Sunday ride.
You can Ride Inside with a rigorous 30-day spin challenge or casually pedal your stationary bike while bingeing on Netflix.
Or you can Ride in Spirit, because it doesn’t have to be a literal ride. Crossfit in your basement, do yoga in your living room, take a brisk morning walk before you start work or take 10 minutes in your day for mindfulness. However you take care of yourself this spring – that’s your Ride.
And sharing it with others – that’s your ‘Don’t Hide.’
What’s more, CMHA will be streaming live virtual “Spirit Week” programming from June 21-27.
ARE YOU IN? HERE’S WHAT TO DO!
- Register and choose your own adventure – pick the route, the activity and the goal that excites you. Connect with others by joining the RRC team.
- Set up your personal Ride Don’t Hide page to track your activity and achievements.
- Decide if you want to fundraise and if so, use your fundraising dashboard to send emails, post to social media, and get others on board.
- Download the Ride Don’t Hide mobile app to automatically track your activity.
- Ride! Or run, walk, jump rope, do yoga, dance, climb stairs, lift weights, play tag with your kids…Move more, give back, feel better.
- Snap a photo of your Ride and send it to Breanna to be featured in a Wellness Blog post.