This week marks the debut of the Monday Mash – a weekly list of Wellness-related links that caught our eye.
- Happy 40th birthday to the Winnipeg Folk Festival! The lineup has been announced and tickets are on sale. The Festival is now five days long – running from July 10th to the 14th
- Here’s the ulitmate culinary companion – a recipe for Folk Festival Cookies that I found in the WFP archives. Five star rating.
- If migrating birds is your thing check out some of the bird watching events (and more) at Nature Manitoba as well as their birding resource page.
- Youth and Adult Soccer seasons are also set to begin. If you find yourself on the sidelines here’s some coaching resources that might help you out. Coaching Soccer 101 and the Manitoba Soccer Association.
- Ashley Blackman shared this post from Science Daily about the dangers of Second-Hand Smoke and linkages to Heart Disease.
- Melanie Bowen, a blogger for the Mesothelioma Cancer Blog Alliance has several interesting posts on the benefits of nutrition and exercise to help those who are battling cancer.
If you have a link or a photo that you’d like to share send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it in a future “Mash” edition.