Here are a two ways to Get a Mental Health Break
1. Exercise Regularly: In Exercise and Mental Health, the Mental Health Foundation (UK) lists some benefits of exercise:
- Less tension, stress and mental fatigue
- A natural energy boost
- Improved sleep
- A sense of achievement
- Focus in life and motivation
- Less anger or frustration
- A healthy appetite
- Better social life
- Having fun
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) agrees.
2. The CMHA says in Balancing Your Life, “Take a five-minute vacation – Each day, set aside five minutes for a mental health break. Close your office door or go into another room, and day-dream about a place, person or idea, or think about nothing at all! You will feel like you have been on a mini-vacation.”
Using a podcast such as “Mindfulness – 10 Minute Practice Exercise” can help with “getting away”. When you come back to your work; you may find you have better clarity and perspective.