The LGBTT* Initiative at Red River College is now accepting nominations to fill the eight positions on its established LGBTT* Initiative Steering Committee for the period of July 2013 to June 2015.
The LGBTT* Initiative at Red River College fosters the development of a safe environment on our campuses so everyone has the chance to work, learn and access services in an inclusive and welcoming manner. The LGBTT* Initiative provides educational opportunities and resources to build communication, understanding and respect for diversity throughout the College. This is an initiative for all Red River College students, staff and faculty.
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to provide input and guidance on activities for the LGBTT* Initiative. Members will participate by sharing information regarding emerging needs and issues across the College campuses, and considering strategic enhancements that could further the LGBTT* Initiative educational impact at Red River College.
A diverse representation at the Steering Committee guarantees the access to a varied of views according to different campuses, professional areas, roles at the College, etc.
- Attend regularly scheduled in-person meetings (generally every 2 months).
- Give feedback on policy, direction, and strategic planning of the LGBTT* Initiative.
- Strategize effective ways to increase the LGBTT* Initiative visibility, organizational outreach and educational impact within Red River College.
- Liaise the LGBTT* Initiative with external organizations and community representatives.
- Steering Committee members must be Red River College faculty members, administrative staff, students and/or graduates.
- Steering Committee members must be LGBTT* Allies (screening of a DVD recording of an Ally Training is available).
- Willingness to support and advocate for LGBTT* individuals, and for the LGBTT* Initiative within Red River College and in the community at large.
If you are interested in nominating an individual or yourself for the committee, please provide:
- One page statement of interest from the nominee, including description of role and involvement at Red River College and in the community.
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, April 5 at 3:00 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or any questions, please contact Nora Sobel, Diversity Initiatives Coordinator at email@example.com or 204.632.2404.