Lynda is evolving so you can too.
On July 30, 2019 Red River College is upgrading your Lynda.com account to LinkedIn Learning (LiL).
- Access will be down for 1 day while migration occurs – access will resume on July 31st.
- You will receive an email invitation from LinkedIn Learning to initiate your account. Please do so.
New look, same content
LinkedIn Learning provides the same high quality, expert-led 7,500+ instructional videos from Lynda.com.
Your learning moves with you
Your learning history and certifications from Lynda will be waiting for you in LinkedIn Learning.
Flexible, personalized learning
Watch videos on any device, on and offline. Receive personalized course recommendations that align with your job, skills and industry.
Find and view content more quickly and easily with the LinkedIn interface.
Optional LinkedIn profile
You do not have to attach your LinkedIn Learning account to a LinkedIn profile to access the full benefits of LinkedIn Learning – it’s your choice. Find out more in our FAQ below.
If you connect to a LinkedIn profile, only your learning data is viewable by your employer. No other data from your LinkedIn account is accessible including job search activity, private messages or connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about Lynda.com and its’ transition to LinkedIn Learning here: FAQs
Log into LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning will send an email prior to the upgrade, and afterwards encouraging activation of your new LinkedIn Learning account.
When logging in to LinkedIn Learning, we recommend reviewing your Settings & Privacy page so you can view and modify your account information, privacy preferences, ads settings, and communication notifications. See this article: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/66/managing-your-account-and-privacy-settings-overview.
Learn more about your privacy settings in this article: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/92055
Learn more about privacy here: Trust & Privacy FAQ
Instructions on logging in on a mobile device can be found here: Logging into LinkedIn Learning on Mobile
How to Start Using LinkedIn Learning (LiL)?
1. Sign in to the LinkedIn Learning directly by clicking: here
2. Enter your RRC username, password and click “Sign In”
3. You need to decide whether you would like to connect your personal LinkedIn account with your RRC LinkedIn Learning account (if yes, click option 1), or create a separate RRC LinkedIn Learning account (if yes, click option 2).
5. After you’ve selected how to access your RRC LinkedIn Learning you will be logged into your account.
Connecting your RRC LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn Learning (LiL) includes the option to connect your existing personal LinkedIn account. It is never mandatory to have a LinkedIn account as staff or student, nor is one necessary to access LiL. For more information regarding LinkedIn, and LiL please see our FAQs.
For faculty, this means ensuring that students understand they have options to view LinkedIn Learning content and are not required to connect their accounts.
If you change your mind, you have the option to connect your profile at a later time. You can also disconnect by following the instructions here.
Benefits of connecting your profile:
- Easy access directly from LinkedIn.com
- Experience more personalized learning with recommendations based on your professional profile and what others in your role or industry are learning
- Keep learning top-of mind with high-quality, expert-led learning recommendations as you scroll down your newsfeed. One click and the course starts playing right in your newsfeed.
1. You can choose to connect your RRC LinkedIn Learning account with your personal LinkedIn.com profile, or not. Connecting your accounts is optional. If you change your mind down the road, you can connect/disconnect your accounts at a later time.
2. You may get asked to sign in to LinkedIn if you haven’t logged in recently.
4. You will be prompted to personalize your LinkedIn Learning experience before getting started.
Not sure where to get started with LinkedIn Learning? Here’s a curated set of collections from RRC, tailored for you.
- Collections to Get Started for Faculty: Supports for your Students – Includes a variety of Academic Development and Career Readiness videos that you can recommend your students to watch!
- Collections to Get Started for Faculty: Teaching Tools – Includes Teaching Resources, Educational Technology and Professional Development topics!
- Collections to Get Started for Leaders – Includes Values and Ethics, Vision-Setting, Applied Management, Coaching and related Leadership Competencies
- Collections to Get Started for Staff – Includes Effective Communication Skills, Office 365 Essential Training, Understanding Self and Others, Career Development and more!
More about How To Use LinkedIn Learning Features for Faculty:
- Privacy Information
- Managing Courses in a Learning Path or Collection as an Instructor (Admin)
-> Adding courses to a learning path or collection
-> Deleting courses from a learning path or collection
-> Reordering courses in a learning path
-> Reordering courses in a collection
- Adding Videos and Courses from LinkedIn Learning
- Learning Collections – Overview
- Creating Learning Collections
- Sharing Learning Collections
- Downloading and Viewing Learning Videos Offline
- Downloading and Updating LinkedIn Learning Apps