Course Outline Repository Guide: You can download this guide as a PDF.
Table of Contents
- How do I access the Course Outline Repository?
- How do I use the Course Outline Repository?
- How do I search the Course Outline Repository?
- Where do I download the course outline?
- How do I add a course outline?
- What happens if a course outline is approved or rejected?
- Approvers: How to Approve a Course Outline
How do I access the Course Outline Repository?
- Open your web browser and go to HUB: https://hub.rrc.ca
- Login to HUB with your RRC Username and Password.
- Once logged in, click ‘Course Outline Repository’ under ‘My Applications’ (Fig. 1)
How do I use the Course Outline Repository?
- The next screen should look like this (Fig. 2)
- Here you can:
- Download Template: Download a copy of the course outline template.
- Add a Course Outline: Upload your course outline.
- Browse Repository: Look at all course outlines.
- Search Repository: Quickly search specific outlines.
How do I search the Course Outline Repository?
- Click on ‘Search Repository’.
- You can then search for outlines by course code, course name, effective dates, and approver (Fig. 3).
- The Section column indicates whether applies to all sections of one specific section.
- The Effective column shows you when the outline was valid. If the second date has passed it is no longer considered current.
- The final column with a PDF icon provides a PDF download of the course outline.
Where do I download the course outline?
- Go back to the Course Outline Repository main page, and click ‘Download Template‘.
How do I add a course outline?
- Go back to the Course Outline Repository main page.
- Click ‘Add a Course Outline‘.
- The next screen will have a drop-down menu with two options: ‘An Upcoming Course’s Outline‘ and ‘A Currently Running Course’s Outline‘. Select one and then put the course code in the ‘Course‘ text box (Fig. 4).
- If you are submitting for ‘An Upcoming Course’s Outline‘, a screen like this will show up. Make sure to select your appropriate section (Fig. 5).
- Note: Clicking on the link will take you to the section with the current outline. If you are making any revisions, it will have to be completed on that page.
- If you are submitting for ‘A Currently Running Course’s Outline‘, select the current section the outline will be for and click ‘Upload‘ (Fig. 6).
- Note: If there is already a current outline for the course, the outline will be expired and the one you are uploading will become the new current outline.
- Identify the ‘Approver‘, which may be a Chair, Dean, or their chosen delegate.
- Click ‘Choose File‘ to attach the Microsoft Word document of the outline you are submitting.
- You may optionally enter ‘Notes‘ for the approver to review.
- If for any reason the information you submit is incorrect. This screen will come up (Fig. 7).
- When you’re done, click ‘Upload‘.
What happens if a course outline is approved or rejected?
- If you’re outline has been approved, you will get an email that looks like this (Fig. 8):
- If the outline you’ve submitted has been rejected, you will get an email stating it has been rejected and the approver’s notes suggesting the changes needed (Fig. 9).
How to Approve a Course Outline
- Approvers will receive an email when an outline has been submitted that requires your approval (Fig. 10)
- Go to the Course Repository home page and click ‘Approve Outlines‘ (Fig. 11).
- On this screen you can quickly (Fig. 12):
- View: See the outline that has been uploaded.
- Note: In Order to have the ‘Approve‘ and ‘Reject‘ buttons activate; you need to view the outline first.
- Approve: The outline will be approved and notification sent to the submitter.
- Reject: Outline is rejected and notification sent to the submitter.
- If you want to view a more detailed screen, click on the course code. You’ll then be taken to this screen (Fig. 13).
- When you reject a course outline, a screen will come up asking to provide a reason for the rejection so that the uploader can make revisions (Fig. 14).
- The outline detail page will be updated showing the outline has been rejected (Fig. 15).
- An email will be sent to the submitter, saying their outline has been rejected along with the reasons for the rejection.
- If the submitter resubmits with the changes required. You can go to the same screen and hit ‘Approve‘. An email will then be sent to the submitter telling of the approval and the screen will change to this (Fig. 16).