Lynda.com in LEARN
Lynda.com courses and videos can be easily accessed by students if you link them into LEARN.
Lynda.com courses and individual videos can be shared by quicklink, and the intro video to a course can be embedded into course content. Course videos can only be added to LEARN content by quicklink URL.
Sharing Lynda.com Courses and Videos
- Access your Lynda.com course and click “Share”.
- Select “Copy” for the share link, or embed code. The embed code is only available for the introductory video for the Lynda.com course.
- If you select a specific video within Lynda.com you are able to provide a link directly to that video.
- Return to LEARN, access your course, click “Course Content” (1), and “Content” (2)
- Select or create the module you wish to add the link in, click “New” (1), and “Create a Link” (2).
Give you link a title (1), CTRL+V or right click and past to add the URL (2), you must select “Open as External Resource” (3), and “Create” (4).
- Alternatly you can add a link to any LEARN content. This could be a news post, feedback on an assessment, course content etc. In this example, from course content click “New” (1), “Create a File” (2).
- You will need to give your file a name (1), add any text you would like (2), and click the quicklink option from the options menu (3).
- Scroll down through the list of quicklinks and select “URL”.
- CTRL+V or right click “past” to add the URL (1), give it a title (2), keep the “New Window” option selected, and click “Instert” (4).
- If you wish to embed the Lynda.com course intro video allong with the course link, return to Lynda.com and copy the embed code.
- Return to LEARN and the content item you wish to add the embed code into. Click “Insert Stuff”.
- Click “Enter Embed Code”
- CTRL+V or rigth click past to add the embed code (1), and click “Next” (2).
- Sometimes you may be provided a Lynda.com course package in a format called “Common Cartride”. To add this you will access the content area of your course, click the table of contents, “Import Course” (1), and “Import Course Package (2).
- Either drag and drop the Lynda.com Common Cartridge file (“.imscc” file extension) or click “Upload” (1) to brows for the file. Once selected click “Import All Components” (2).
- When the Lynda.com course is imported through common cartridge you will be given a unique module for that Lynda.com course. You can then move that content into an other module if you wish.