The Smart Factory is an applied research space, experiential learning facility, and technology demonstration site that showcases emerging technology, including robotics, automation and imaging systems.
The facility allows RRC students to gain hands-on experience working with the latest tech in a factory setting, while providing Manitoba companies with access to state-of-the-art equipment, instructors, researchers and students, in order to test and prepare their technologies before incorporating them into their own operations.
Located at the Red River College Notre Dame Campus in the Skilled Trades Technology Centre.
- Okuma Laser Ex Series MU 5000V Hybrid Additive Manufacturing System
- Creaform 3D Metrology High-Speed Laser Scanning System
- AON-M2 High Temperature Polymer and Composite 3D Printer
- Automation Systems (FMS 200, HAS 200 and ITS 200)
- Sawyer Collaborative Robot
- Universal Robots – UR10
- Ridgeback Omnidirectional Platform
- Boxer Autonomous Factory Vehicle
- Industrial networking system
- Data acquisition and control systems
- ABB Flex Robotic Training Work Cells
- Motoman MH5 (training robots)
- Fanuc LR Mate 200iC
- Motoman Dual-Arm SDA 10D
- Motoman MH6 (welding robot)
- ABB IRB 120
- Research robots: Baxter, Eddie – Robot Platform
- MIG robotic welding training cell
- High-speed imaging systems