The Exam Invigilation Centre at Red River College Polytechnic provides a professional and academically-secure testing environment for both Red River College Polytechnic and external students.
The Centre is a quiet and secure classroom. The room can accommodate 26 students at one sitting; this includes ten computer stations for online exams.
Select the Type of Student You Are to Schedule an Exam
RRC Polytech Online Education Students
RRC Polytech In-Class Students
Non-RRC Polytech Students (External Students)
Exam Invigilation Centre Rules
- Photo ID is mandatory – students will not be allowed to write without proper photo identification.
Photo ID must match your registered name and must be government-issued (such as a driver’s license or passport); a student ID card is also acceptable
- All personal belongings must be placed in the shelving units off to the side, away from the writing area; this includes books, bags, purses, wallets, coats, hats, cell phones, watches or any devices capable of storing text or data
- Hats must be removed or will be inspected
- All mobile devices (cell phones, smart watches, tablets, etc.) must be turned off, not set to
- If you are caught with a mobile device on your person during an exam, your instructor will be notified. This may result in an automatic fail
- No food or drink (with the exception of bottled water) allowed in the Exam Centre
- Paper cups (e.g. Tim Hortons’ coffee cups) are not permitted; water bottles must be transparent
- You will not be allowed to leave the Exam Invigilation Centre to fill a water bottle once exams have started – please plan accordingly
- All tests/exams are considered closed book, unless otherwise specified
- Students must supply their own pens, pencils and calculators (if required/allowed)
- Students may not use their own scrap paper; scrap paper will be provided to you
- All exam materials, including scrap paper, must be turned in to the exam invigilator
- Exam invigilator cannot assist in clarifying exam questions. If students have questions or concerns, they should note this on the front page of their exam or in the margin next to the question they have a concern about
- Red River College Polytechnic’s Exam Centre is a scent-free environment. Staff and visitors are asked to refrain from using scented products while on campus