The Exam Invigilation Centre at Red River College provides a professional and academically-secure testing environment for both Red River College and external students.
The Centre is a quiet and secure classroom. The room can accommodate 26 students at one sitting; this includes ten computer stations for online exams.
RRC Online Education Students
To maintain the integrity of our exams, strict guidelines for exam invigilation must be followed.
Exams must be written on or before the end date of your course; this date can be found on your registration statement, included in your course package.
Photo ID is mandatory and must match your registered name.
- If you reside in Winnipeg, it is mandatory that you write your exams at the Notre Dame Campus
- Students who reside outside of Winnipeg may arrange for exam invigilation off-campus
For information on how to schedule your RRC Online Education exam, please choose one of the following options:
- On-campus exam invigilation for Online Education Students
- Off-campus exam invigilation for Online Education Students
RRC In-Class Students
RRC students writing outside of class time:
Exam Invigilation Centre Rules
- Photo ID is mandatory. Students will not be allowed to write without proper photo identification. Photo ID must match your registered name and must be government issued (such as a driver’s license or passport); a valid student ID card is also acceptable.
- All personal belongings must be placed in the shelving units off to the side, away from the writing area; this includes books, bags, purses, wallets, coats, hats, cell phones, smart watches or any Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- All cell phones and pagers must be turned off; not set to vibrate.
- No food or drink (with the exception of bottled water) allowed in the Exam Centre.
- All tests/exams are considered closed book, unless otherwise specified.
- Students must supply their own pens, pencils and calculators (if required/allowed).
- Students may not use their own scrap paper; scrap paper will be provided to you.
- All exam materials, including scrap paper, must be turned in to the exam invigilator.
- Exam invigilator cannot assist in clarifying exam questions.
- The Exam Centre is a scent-free environment. Staff and visitors are asked to refrain from using scented products while on campus.