Mature Student Diploma Program
RRC offers a Mature Student Diploma Program. To qualify for the program you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a mature student of at least 19 years of age within school calendar year.
- Have been out of school for at least one full year AND must have been out of school long enough for his/her class to have graduated from high school.
- To obtain a mature student high school diploma you must complete a minimum of eight credits to be eligible for high school standing.
- Four of these credits must be at the Senior 4 level.
- Two of the Senior 4 level courses must include Senior 4 English Language Arts and a Senior 4 Mathematics or Accounting 40S.
No person shall retroactively obtain mature high school standing. That is, no person can claim automatic rights to a mature student graduation diploma.
Prospective students will:
- Complete Math and/or English assessment.
- Have high school transcript reviewed.
- Discuss education and career goals.
- Make a plan for the courses recommended to meet your education goals. These choices depend on your time restraints.
- Fill out a registration and student record form, and pay any course fees and deposits that are required
- Prior learning assessment by teachers and staff may occur during registration and/or first class to determine the skill level of the student.
To register, call 204-320-2500 or email email@example.com.
$30 – student material fees per course/credit
Fees for courses are non-refundable.