ENABLE is an in-house leadership development program at Red River College that provides learning and development support to:
- Senior Leaders
- Existing Supervisors/Managers
- Newer Supervisors/Managers
Participation in the ENABLE program is designed to be responsive to meet the varying needs of RRC’s current formal leaders (approximately 140 in total) at all levels of career development.
The goals of ENABLE are to:
- Encourage lifelong learning for leaders and ensure learning occurs in a respectful and safe learning environment.
- Foster the leadership philosophy and style into the daily practices of all College leaders.
- Ensure competency development is aligned to the needs of College goals and individual learners.
- Address the learning and development needs of intact leadership teams.
- Provide early learning experiences to employees aspiring to a formal leader role.
- Engage leaders and other stakeholders in the College in providing input to the program’s effectiveness.
To register, please email Carrie Schaepe, Staff Learning and Development Specialist, at email@example.com.
Current ENABLE workshops are listed below. Click on the title of each workshop for additional detail. You can also print the ENABLE 2018-19 Calendar.
New for fall 2018 – Coaching for Results with Lynda.com!
|Date(s)||Total Days||Workshop||Campus||Room||Start Time||End Time|
|October 4 & 25 2018||1 day delivered as 2 half days||Facilitating Effective Meetings||Notre Dame||FM34||9:00||noon|
|October 17 & 18 2018||2 day delivered as 2 half days||The Working Mind (TWM): Manager Training||Notre Dame||FM34||8:30||12:30|
|Flexible delivery 1:1 or Team delivery||1/2 day||Absenteeism Management||Notre Dame||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|October 15, 22, November 5, 19, 26 and December 10 2018||Attend all 6 full day classes||Project Management Fundamentals||Notre Dame||FM34||8:30||4:30|
|October 23 2018||1/2 day||Managing Successfully in a Unionized Workplace||Notre Dame||FM34||13:00||4:00|
|October 31 & November 14 2018||1 day delivered as 2 half days||Facilitating Difficult Conversations||Notre Dame||FM34||8:30||noon|
|November 27 & 28 2018||1 day delivered as 2 half days||The Working Mind (TWM): Manager Training||Notre Dame||FM34||12:30||4:30|
|November 29 2018||1/2 day||Managing Successfully in a Unionized Workplace||Notre Dame||FM34||8:30||noon|
|January 14 & 16 2019||1 day delivered as 2 half days||Notre Dame||FM34||8:30||12:30|
|January 22 2019||1 day||Notre Dame||FM34||8:30||4:30|
|February 26 & 27 2019||1 day delivered as 2 half days||Leadership Styles: Expanding your Toolkit||Notre Dame||FM34||12:30||4:30|
|Lynda.com flexible learning||1 hour/ course||Coaching for Results||Not applicable||n/a||n/a||n/a|
New for 2018-19! ENABLE now includes unlimited, self-directed online learning from Lynda.com. Lynda complements (but does not replace) classroom sessions through thousands of videos and courses. Playlists contain courses specific to Red River College – Core Leadership Competencies. Explore them further at rrc.ca/Lynda.