ENGAGE provides common needs training and development to all RRC staff across the employee lifecycle.
Driven by College strategy, in consultation with employees and leaders, ENGAGE sessions align with RRC’s Values of Learning, Respect, Inclusiveness, Integrity, Sustainability and Service to Community.
ENGAGE sessions are strongly encouraged for all employees, and some (such as Accessible Customer Service Training) are legislatively required.
You are encouraged to take advantage of ENGAGE – and to have ongoing conversations with your supervisor about your learning and development!
Calendar of 2019-20 ENGAGE Classroom Sessions
Click on the title of the session to register. Don’t forget to submit a signed Staff Development Form prior to each session!
|Date||Training Days||Title||Campus||Room||Start Time||End Time|
|Within 14 days of hire||.25||Accessible Customer Service (required training)||Online||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Any Monday start||30 x 15 mins (7.5 hrs)||30 Day Mindfulness Challenge||Online||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|August 21||.5||safeTALK Suicide Alertness||PGI||303||9:00||12:00|
|September 17||.5||The Working Mind – Employee Session||NDC||FM34||12:30||4:30|
|September 20||.5 + .5 online||Verbal De-Escalation Skills – Flex Delivery||Online & NDC||FM34||12:30||4:30|
|October 18||.25||Cannabis Fundamentals for Employees||NDC||White Theatre||9:00||11:00|
|October 24||.5 + .5 online||Verbal De-Escalation Skills – Flex Delivery||Online & NDC||FM34||12:30||4:30|
|October 30||.5||safeTALK Suicide Alertness||NDC||FM34||9:00||12:00|
|November 19||1||New Employee Orientation||NDC||ETV Studio B||8:30||4:30|
|November 28||.5||The Working Mind – Employee Session||NDC||FM34||12:30||4:30|
|December 9||.025||Cannabis Fundamentals for Employees||NDC||White Theatre||9:00||11:00|
|December 10 & 11||2||Mental Health First Aid||NDC||FM34||8:30||4:30|
|December 12||.5 + .5 online||Verbal De-Escalation Skills – Flex Delivery||Online & NDC||FM34||12:30||4:30|
Self-Directed Online Learning
ENGAGE also includes unlimited, self-directed online learning from LinkedIn Learning.
Below are some Collections of videos (most under 4 minutes) and courses to help you move along learning paths that may be important to you. Explore these Collections further ›
- Understanding Self and Others Collection – includes courses and videos on: Developing Self-Awareness, Developing Your Emotional Intelligence, Developing Empathy, Igniting Emotional Engagement, Being an Effective Team Member, Anger Management, and Developing Cross-Cultural Intelligence.
- Effective Communication Skills Collection– includes courses and videos on: Conflict Resolution Foundations, Giving and Receiving Feedback, Improving Your Listening Skills, Public Speaking Foundations, Advanced Grammar, Negotiation Foundations, Organizational Communication, Presenting as a Team, Interpersonal Communication, Leading with Stories, and Establishing Credibility as a Speaker.
- Office 365: Essential Training Collection – includes courses and videos on: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Enhancing Professionalism Collection – includes courses and videos on: Time Management Fundamentals, Improving Your Focus, Ethics and Responsibility, Customer Service Foundations, Managing Your Manager, Dealing with a Difficult Boss, Building Business Relationships, Success Habits, Managing Customer Feedback, Leading Productive Meetings and Developing a Service Mindset, and Leading without Formal Authority.
- Career Development Collection– includes courses and videos on: What to do in the first 90 Days of your Job, Cultivating A Growth Mindset, Figuring Out Your Next Move, Having an Honest Career Conversation with Your Boss, Managing Your Career: Mid-Career/Early Career, Successful Goal Setting, Leading Yourself.
- Adaptability and Flexibility Collection – includes courses on: Enhancing Resilience, The Neuroscience of Learning, Creative Thinking, and Psychological Flexibility and Failing.