The following often-used forms have been compiled for RRC employees.
Note that the source for these and all College Forms are located within the “Forms” Team Site area. (You can see all of them by clicking here.)
1. Staff Development Form 2017-18
Q: When do I use the Staff Development Form?
You are required to complete the Staff Development Form prior to the start of any of these activities:
- Internal RRC Workshops/Training (First Aid, Ally Training, Lunch & Learns during work hours, internally viewed webinars, etc.)
- RRC Continuing Education Courses (Classroom Delivery)
- RRC Distance Education Courses (Online Delivery)
- External Post-Secondary Program Courses
- Educational Leaves/Returns to Industry
This form is housed in SHARE, Forms, Human Resources, but it is also available here for handy reference.
Q: What’s the purpose of this form?
In support of Policy H10 – Learning and Development, the Staff Development Activity Form has two clear purposes:
- To demonstrate prior approval for learning or development activities by the employee’s supervisor
- To contribute to the employee’s ongoing record of learning and development activity
Q: What’s different about the most current version of the form?
The form does not capture travel and conference activities, even if there is no cost to RRC. Use the Travel Application Form for Business or Conferences instead. In this instance, you will NOT need to complete a Staff Development form as well (the Controller’s office will forward a copy of your Travel Activity Form to Staff Learning and Development after the activity.)
Q: Can I still use the old form from previous years (the excel version)?
This new form replaces all old versions. Old versions of the form do not collect, in many cases, the needed information and may be returned to the employee.
We ask that you please delete all old versions you may have saved on your computer, including your desktop, hard drives and shared drives, to help minimize confusion, especially for new employees on your team.
We welcome continued feedback on this new form and we hope that you enjoy using it!
2. Travel Application Form – For Business or Conferences
This form is housed in SHARE, Forms, Finance – and is also located on the Accounts Payable Team Site as well. However, it is also located here for your convenience!
Q: When do I use this new form?
You are required to complete this form whenever:
1. RRC will pay costs (either up front or via reimbursement) for business travel or;
2. When you are attending an external conference/workshop/seminar, even if there is no cost to RRC.
Note: For those employees who have travel as a day-to-day aspect of their jobs, the form may not be required. Please check with your supervisor if you are uncertain.
Q: What’s the purpose of this form?
In support of Policy G2 – Meals, Travel and Entertainment, as well as other relevant College policies, this form has two clear purposes:
- To satisfy the required approval and documentation process as laid out in Policy G2 relating to travel, meal and entertainment expenses, prior to incurring any costs
- To help budget managers plan and track business travel expenses within their budget centres
Q: Do I still need to fill out a Staff Development Activity Form if I fill out the Travel Application Form?
No. You only have to fill out one form.In the cases of conferences/workshops/seminars, the Controller’s Office will forward a copy to Staff Learning and Development on your behalf.
Q: Can I still use the old versions of the form?
Just like the new Staff Development Application Form, this new form replaces all old versions.
Q: Where can I find more information about the College Diner’s Club Card, and other related business travel information?
3. Expense Claim Forms
Each year, the Expense Claim form is updated to reflect current personal vehicle mileage rates, as well as meals and other allowances. Although these forms are also available on the Accounts Payable Team Site, we have included them here for your convenience.
Please ensure that you use the current version of the form or you may be claiming outdated/inaccurate rates.
Q: When do I use this form?
All employees are required to complete an Expense Claim form when seeking reimbursement for business travel, meal, entertainment and other expenses that have received prior approval from the manager of the appropriate budget centre.
Q: What is the purpose of this form?
The Expense Claim form has two clear purposes:
- To provide a means of reimbursing the employee for pre-approved College expenses paid out-of-pocket by the employee
- To support Policy G2 and other relevant College policies in demonstrating accurate and appropriate approvals, processes and record keeping for expenditure of College dollars
Q: Can I sign up for direct deposit to have my expense claims deposited directly into my bank account?
Yes, you can. This process is separate from the payroll process.
Q: Where can I find out more information about expense claims?
4. Policy H10 – Learning and Development
Red River College is committed to lifelong learning and all College employees have a role to play in learning and development. Policy H10 – Learning and Development – describes supports and resources available as well as decision-making criteria available to employees.
It is important to become familiar with Policy H10 when considering any learning and development opportunity. For more information, contact the Staff Learning and Development office.
5. Employee Development Form
Find out more about the Employee Development Form and why you should consider creating yours!
6. Policy G2 – Meals, Travel and Entertainment
This new policy was updated effective June 17, 2015 to replace the previous Travel and Entertainment policy.
Staff are encouraged to review the policy to familiarize themselves with the contents.
Some of the important changes to the G2 Policy include:
“4.7 – Credit card or debit card receipts are not sufficient – a detailed itemized receipt must be provided.”
“5.1 – Air travel must be booked through the College’s preferred travel agent, UNIGLOBE Travel, unless demonstrated cost savings or other administrative factors are demonstrated by the claimant employee.” Further information is available under Share / Team Sites / Accounts Payable (AP).
“14.6 – Employees must be in Travel Status to be eligible for a per diem allowance. To be eligible for the maximum per diem allowance, which contemplates actual purchases for breakfast, lunch and dinner, employees must be in Travel Status from 7 a.m. (or earlier) until 7:30 p.m. (or later).”
“14.7 A Personal Meal, or a per diem meal allowance, may not be claimed where food is provided by a conference or other event.”
“21.1 i) Per diem amounts for incidentals as specified by the Collective Agreement for each night in commercial lodging.”
7. UNIGLOBE Travel Booking Procedures
Policy G2 indicates that employees are asked to book air travel through the College’s preferred travel agent, UNIGLOBE, unless demonstrated cost savings or other administrative factors are demonstrated by the claimant employee. The procedures listed in the document below will show you how to set up a Travel Profile and book your travel.