Valentine’s Day is Thursday, February 14, 2019.
Although the focus is heavily weighted on romance, it doesn’t have to be.
Let us reframe Valentine’s Day and focus on our loved ones, close friends, people in our support network and/or our co-workers/colleagues. You know you appreciate them, but do they know?
Take this one day this year:
- To send your co-workers/colleagues a Cheers Card and warm their heart this Valentine’s Day.
- To send your loved ones, etc. a Valentine’s Day card to say you appreciate them.
- On CBC this morning, a transit rider wants you to give a Valentine to your bus driver so they know you appreciate them.
- Has someone been on your mind lately? Pick up the phone and give them a call.
Happy Valentine’s Day to You
Reminder, we also have the Warm Your Heart promotion running for the rest of February.
Tips for writing a “valid” Cheers for Peers card:
In order to preserve the quality and integrity of the program, it’s important that cards meet some basic criteria. We call this writing a “valid card.” The Staff Appreciation and Recognition Committee (SARC) has approved the following criteria:
- Date is legible
- Sender’s full name and department are complete and legible
- Receiver’s full name and department are complete and legible
- At least one College value is checked
- Accolade is legible and refers to a specific action or actions
Questions or feedback about the Cheers for Peers program? Send us an email and be entered in a draw for a $10 RED Card! We’ll respond to you. And, with your permission, your feedback and or questions may be highlighted in a Cheers for Peers All Staff News Submission! E-mail . Want to learn more about the Program? Visit the Cheers for Peers information site.