Breakout Sessions in Webex
Breakout Sessions in Webex allow you to create groups of participants enabling them to have private discussions, and share applications or their screen with each other.
- To enable Breakout Sessions click ‘Breakout’ from the top menu, and click ‘Enable Breakout Session’.
- Once enabled, you can access the Breakout session options either from the ‘Breakout’ dropdown, or the ‘Breakout sessions’ option on the main navigation bar.
- You will be prompted with the ‘Breakout session assignments’ options.
- Define the number or sessions you will have with the ‘Assign # participants into:’ option
- Decide if you wish to randomly add the participants to the sessions by leaving it set to ‘Automatically’, or ‘Manually’ add the participants to the sessions.
- Click ‘Create Assignments’
- You will be prompted with a second ‘Breakout session assignments’ screen.
- If you wish to change any of the assignments, hover over a participant and click ‘Move to’
- Your Host account will not automatically be added to a session, but you can select it and move it to a section of your choice.
- Advanced settings are available in the bottom left by clicking ‘Settings’. This includes options to limit the duration of the breakout session.
- When ready, click ‘Start breakout sessions’
- You can access the options for the session by either clicking the ‘Breakout sessions’ button on the navigation bar, or the ‘Breakout’ dropdown from the top menu.