Typography, Templates and Signage
For external communication purposes, the primary typeface that should be used in creating documents is Interstate, while Arial, Calibri and Times New Roman have been selected as approved College fonts for general communication.
To find out more about typography choices, see the Brand Book.
The following email signature format should be used when sending messages from a Red River College account.
In lieu of logos, taglines or other graphics, the College’s Marketing department recommends that email signatures be accompanied by a land acknowledgement, gender pronouns, or both.
Your Name, Your Title
Red River College
Your Office Address
[optional gender pronouns]
[optional land acknowledgement]
See examples of gender pronouns
|Xe (pronounced zee)||Xem (pronounced zem)||Xyrs (pronounced zeres)|
|Ze (pronounced zee)||Hir (pronounced here)||Hirs (pronounced heres)|
See sample land acknowledgement statement
We respectfully recognize that Red River College campuses are located on original lands of Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation.
Ways to make your signature more accessible
- Use sans-serif fonts (e.g. Arial, Verdana, Calibri)
- Avoid “thin” fonts (e.g., Calibri Light)
- Avoid italics
- Use a minimum of 12 point font
- Use hyperlinks rather than full web addresses (e.g. Student Service Centres instead of https://www.rrc.ca/services/student-service-centres)
- Minimum contrast ratio of 4.5:1 (you can check contrast ratios using a free tool)
- Use a white background and refrain from using a patterned background
Use this letterhead template for official correspondence.
Use this template for internal and external reports, or presentations.
Red River College
Use this PowerPoint template when making a presentation on behalf of the College:
School of Indigenous Education
Use these PowerPoint templates when making a presentation on behalf of the School of Indigenous Education.
Directional Signage Templates
Use these directional signage templates when hosting events on campus to make it easy for your guests to find the location of the room.
Templates available include:
College and Departments
- Academic Preparation and Upgrading
- Community Services
- Computer and Information Systems Technology
- Creative Arts
- Engineering and Construction Technology
- Health Sciences
- Indigenous Education
- Skilled Trades
- Transportation Technology
Use these signs in classrooms, labs and hallways to convey messages to students, staff and visitors.
For custom signs, please fill out a marketing request.