Typography, Templates and Signage
For external communication purposes, the primary typeface that should be used in creating documents is Interstate, while Arial, Calibri and Times New Roman have been selected as approved College fonts for general communication.
The following email signature format should be used when sending messages from a Red River College Polytechnic account.
Your Name, Your Title
Your Department or Area
Your Office Address, City, MB R0R 0R0
P: 555.555.5555 • E: email@example.com
[optional gender pronouns]
We respectfully recognize that Red River College Polytechnic campuses are located on original lands of Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation.
- All text aside from the website should be Arial at 11 points in black.
- Your name and title should be Arial Bold.
- The website address should be Arial Bold at 16 points in red (#c81f45)
See examples of gender pronouns
|Xe (pronounced zee)||Xem (pronounced zem)||Xyrs (pronounced zeres)|
|Ze (pronounced zee)||Hir (pronounced here)||Hirs (pronounced heres)|
Ways to make your signature more accessible
- Use sans-serif fonts (e.g. Arial, Verdana, Calibri)
- Avoid “thin” fonts (e.g., Calibri Light)
- Avoid italics
- Use a minimum of 11 point font
- Use hyperlinks rather than full web addresses (e.g. Student Service Centres instead of https://www.rrc.ca/services/student-service-centres)
- Minimum contrast ratio of 4.5:1 (you can check contrast ratios using a free tool)
- Use a white background and refrain from using a patterned background
Use this letterhead template for official correspondence.
Use this template for internal and external reports, or presentations.
Red River College Polytechnic
Use this PowerPoint template when making a presentation on behalf of the College:
School of Indigenous Education
Use these PowerPoint templates when making a presentation on behalf of the School of Indigenous Education.