As per the Collective Agreement, all non-instructional jobs will be classified with a point factor rated job classification system. Jobs will be evaluated jointly with the employer and union in the Joint Job Evaluation Committee.
Classification and Reclassification Process
Please follow these steps for classification and reclassification review of a job(s) or if providing an updated Job Description:
- Complete the Job Description Template form. Save in Microsoft Word file format for electronic package submission. Refer to the Job Descriptions Writing Guide while completing the template.
- Review completed Job Description with your Human Resource Consultant.
- Complete the Request for Position Review form and obtain all required signatures (digital signatures permitted). Save as a PDF.
- If submitting a new position, you must receive budget committee approval prior to submission.
- Provide an updated Department Organizational Chart that includes the job being evaluated. Save as a PDF.
- Email all three files to email@example.com. Please do not send any hard copies to HR – retain the electronic documents until you receive confirmation the review has been completed.
Your request will be placed in que for evaluation and you will be contacted if any further information is required.
Position Title Change Process
Please follow these steps when requesting a position title change. Only Managers can process position title changes.
- Consult with your Human Resource Consultant regarding the position title change to be made.
- Complete the Request for Position Title Change Form. Save in PDF format for electronic package submission. Send this document to your HRC for approval and signature.
- Update the Job Description, saved in Microsoft Word format, to reflect the new position title.
- Email the two files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send any hard copies to HR – retain the electronic documents until you receive confirmation the review has been completed.
You will be contacted once the position title has been approved and updated in the system.