Departmental Action Plans
During 2021, the Diversity Champions supported their department/program area leaderships teams as they developed departmental action plans around the five-pillars of the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and identified specific actions they will take throughout 2022 to advance EDI within and across all our campuses.
This important work is directly aligned with our Strategic Plan 2022-26 and our commitment to Truth and Reconciliation; and, to pursue equity, diversity and inclusion in everything that we do. By embedding, equity, diversity and inclusion into every aspect of our work, we will shape a more vibrant future within the RRC Polytech community and foster a culture where our students and staff feel valued, respected and included.
Below is a listing of the actions each department/program area are planning to undertake. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
- Recruitment and Selection – The attraction, selection and promotion of candidates for jobs within an organization.
- Training and Development – The process of imparting knowledge, skills, and concepts while influencing changes to attitude, culture and status quo.
- Retention and Engagement – The ability of an organization to retain the engagement of its workforce and talent over time.
- External Partnerships and Outreach – To build meaningful relationships with external organizations/partners to further support and compliment the successful delivery of our EDI goals.
- Student Success – To create learning opportunities to meet the current and emerging needs of students, employers, and communities.