Working from Home Guidelines
Red River College is continuing to modify policies and procedures to take necessary measures to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19 at all campuses and to the broader community. The announcement to support individuals working temporarily from home will require leaders to work in a different way. In order to support these developments the following guidelines apply.
It is an important to remember that all policies, procedures and articles in the collective agreement continue to apply, including hours of work.
Expectations for Managers
- Be intentional about communicating with employees who are working from home.
- Work collaboratively to establish daily work assignments (employee to document work assignments and report progress regularly).
- Establish daily check-ins with employees to provide direction and monitor work progress (including setting weekly goals and/or agendas).
- Use technology to allow employees to work collaboratively through work assignments (ie. text messaging, Microsoft Teams, WebEx).
- Support employees’ flexibility around work life balance through alternate work hours.
- If employees are sick, they should be utilizing appropriate sick leave to support their health. A sick note will not be required during this time.
- Ensure employees are using properly secure RRC equipment to store and share electronic information.
- Be sure to check-in with employees to ensure they are handling the stress of the situation appropriately and offer resources and counselling services as required (see below).
Expectations for Employees
- Be intentional about communicating with your manager.
- Work collaboratively to establish daily work assignments (document work assignments and report progress regularly).
- Use technology to work collaboratively through work assignments (ie. text messaging, Microsoft Teams, WebEx).
- If you are sick, please use appropriate sick leave to support your well-being. A sick note will not be required at this time.
- Ensure you are using properly secure RRC equipment to store electronic information.
- You are not to use regular work hours to attend to personal responsibilities (ie. shopping, personal appointments, gym). If personal time is required, please work with your manager to receive approval (ie. vacation, family related leave).
- Please ensure you are available for meetings or phone calls as required. Employees may be called back to the College on short notice.
Employees are encouraged to contact Employee and Family Assistance Program at 1-800-663-1142 for support.
Students already registered with Counselling Services can contact their counsellor directly via email, and students not registered can book an appointment online.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.