Academics and Student Supports
Red River College has transitioned to online delivery models for programs and services as of Monday, March 23.
Flexible Online Delivery Model
The College has now launched a Flexible Online Delivery Model to ensure meaningful, high-quality learning experiences for students in 2020 and beyond. The Flexible Online Delivery Model outlines how to develop and deliver RRC programs and courses following the goals, guiding principles, and standards required going forward.
Academic Continuity Supports
Please bookmark these resources and return frequently for updates:
- Work from home supports for staff and leaders
- Training resources for instructors in using LEARN and WebEx (new sessions will be posted frequently)
- Teaching and learning consultations with Educational Development staff
- For support using LEARN, WebEx, video recording, other learning technologies, and for general questions about teaching and learning please contact LEARN Support
Continuing Education Online Content Index
Continuing Education has made available its archive of course content available for use by instructors at the College. A course in LEARN has been created with the learning outcomes and course outlines of all Continuing Education courses.
- Enrol in the course
- Please review the learning outcomes and course outlines presented in this course and send an email to email@example.com with the course code and course name if you wish to request course content.
Student Service Centres
RRC is making every effort to ensure the services and supports our students depend on are available, but realize there are some impacts.
The Student Service Centre at the Notre Dame Campus is open to serve students who are scheduled to be on campus (see hours).
Questions about student services can be directed to:
- The Student Service Centre phone line: 204-632-2327 or 1-800-903-7707
- The Student Service Centre email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education phone line: 204-694-1789 or 1-866-242-7073
If you have students who require support with technical issues, please direct them to ITS Service Desk.
If you have students who require support with LEARN, please direct them to Learn Support at email@example.com
Academic Success Centre
ASC staff have developed online versions of the following services: review workshops, help desks, staff and peer tutoring, academic coaching, EAL supports, study skills training, and diversity training.
Students can access strategies to adjust study habits during COVID -19, including staying organized; avoiding multitasking; making the most of video lectures; setting a schedule; working with a group or team, and staying connected to other people.
Counselling Services is now providing services remotely. Students can have scheduled appointments with a counsellor by phone or WebEx.
- Students currently connected with a counsellor can reach their counsellor by email to arrange for this.
- Students who do not already have a counsellor can complete our online intake.
Students can also subscribe to RRC’s Wellness Blog for helpful information on managing anxiety/or stress.
If you are concerned about a student’s mental health and would like to consult on how best to support the student, contact Laureen Janzen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility Services works collaboratively with students, faculty and staff to identify and implement accommodations that provide equal access to education for students with disabilities. Visit the Accessibility Services webpage to find out how we are providing these services during remote program delivery.