Red River College Polytechnic is committed to providing barrier-free access to educational programs, services and facilities. Various stakeholders at our College work collaboratively with students, faculty and support staff to identify and implement strategies to ensure that individuals in the Red River College Polytechnic community have equal opportunity to achieve their employment and educational goals.
The College is committed to providing an accessible workplace for all staff. There are many resources and programs available.
Resources for All Staff
- Accessibility Guidelines for Staff Training
- Accessibility Standards for Remote Meetings/Events
- Assistive Technology Products
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Healthy Minds Healthy College
- How to Create Accessible Documents (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PDF)
- Library Resources on Disability and Culture
- Supportive Employment
Resources for Faculty
- Audio Recording of Lectures as an Accommodation
- Classroom Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Clinical Accommodations for Nursing Students with Disabilities
- Creating accessible material
- Guide for Assisting Students With Disabilities
Disability Awareness Course
The Disability Awareness Course is a co-curricular online training housed in LEARN that addresses the educational need to support students’ learning about disability and the lived experiences of people with disability, as well as the intersections of these experiences as part of broader, complex cultural identities.
The Disability Awareness Course also provides strategies for affirming communication and inclusion in the classroom, the workplace, and the community at large.
Customer Service Standard Training
This is a mandatory training for all staff that serves as an introduction to the Accessibility for Manitobans Act. This training offers guidance to ensuring the accessibility of the services and supports offered at RRC Polytech.
Working Mind and Mental Health First Aid Training
See the latest professional development opportunities available to RRC Polytech staff and faculty. Learn more ›