The following message was sent to all Red River College faculty and staff today from Lynn Zapshala-Kelln, Vice President, Finance & Administration:
Red River College’s Financial Services team is excited to share that beginning Wednesday, January 27, 2021, the College’s Accounts Payable (AP) process will move to Maestro, replacing previous methods of submissions and streamlining the process by moving to a completely electronic, paperless system.
As we continue to evolve and adapt our procedures at a time when many of us are working remotely and while the College continues to operate in a digital environment, this new format will help ensure that Financial Services can provide the services and supports that staff need in a manner that is secure, user friendly, efficient and sustainable.
This shift in our processes to Maestro has been an important project that the Financial Services team has been working on with IT for several months. What began as an urgent response to the pandemic in March, has evolved with the support and feedback of many staff from around the College who regularly engage with our accounts payable process.
During this time of transition, we have been conducting outreach to areas who use these systems frequently and hosting many information sessions to walk users through the new electronic procedure, and ensure they have the tools they need to successfully implement this process in their respected areas moving forward.
The documents users can now expect to submit through Maestro include: Invoices, Visa Statements, Expense Claims, Manual Cheque Requests, Claims for Service including all related back-up documents (receipts, travel applications, and staff development forms), and the ability to submit new vendor forms.
Key benefits of this streamlined process for the College community include:
- Any College Staff can initiate this Maestro process.
- Authorization for expenditures are part of the process, and signatures are now only required for travel applications and staff development forms.
- The Maestro application has a built search capabilities within the system so that users can know exactly where their document is in the process, and have full historical access to documents submitted.
- You will now receive an email notification when the documents have been ‘vouchered’ and the finance approval process for payment has started.
Many areas of the College have already fully transitioned their departments to the new Maestro AP process. If your area has not yet engaged with this process and requires additional support, Financial Services Business Analyst, Nikki Hart, will offer several Lunch and Learn sessions over the next few weeks. Please check Staff News and Staff Forum for more information.
We have also created several step-by-step Microsoft Streams resource videos on the Maestro Accounts Payable document submission process, including:
- Accounts Payable Maestro process tutorial video
- Information for Initiators tutorial video
- Information for Budget Approvers tutorial video
- How to convert documents to PDF form and combine into one file tutorial video
If you have any questions about the process or require additional support, please contact the Financial Analyst or Financial Services Representative assigned to your school or department or email FinanceProcessSupport@rrc.ca