CBR Academic Conversion
CBR Academic Conversion is colloquially known as CBR, or Course-Based Registration. The purpose of this multi-phase project is twofold: to convert College programs into a standardized framework using the CBR Program Design Guidelines, the Credential Framework and other relevant policies and guidelines; and to implement these programs using CBR systems and processes including course level CBR alignment, self-registration and planning software, a scheduling slot system, and a CBR billing table, combined with some College-wide processes – resulting in the launch of “CBR programs and courses” for students.
CBR Academic Conversion transforms a bundle of academic programs at one time. We refer to each bundle as a Phase. Each phase drives continuous improvement and we continue to build as each new Phase emerges. Therefore, the objectives for each phase continue to evolve as well.
Phase 5 Objectives
The objectives of the CBR Academic Conversion Project (Phase 5) are:
- To convert approved programs through a CBR framework that provides standardization and consistency of both design and implementation where it benefits RRC Polytech to do so.
- To explore enhancements to the user experience. Some enhancements can be developed directly within the project. Others will come from other projects as inputs to Phase 5 and or future phases.
- To re-introduce an AT-integrated, rolling 3 Year Program Conversion Plan to provide advance planning and resources for programs and which drives Academic Transformation goals.
- To enhance CBR Program Design Guidelines to reflect implementation and other updates.
- To incorporate elements of an integrated Timetabling Strategy (which will run as a separate AT project) into Phase 5 where timing is aligned.
- Executive Director, Academic (Chair)
- Executive Director, Student Services and Global Partnerships
- Director, Centre for Learning and Program Excellence
- Project Manager
- Change Management Consultant (pending)
- Business Analyst (pending)
Project Team (membership varies based on programs converting in each Phase)
- Student Records
- Student Planning
- Human Skills Integration (Math, Science and Communication)
- Educational Developers
- Project Leads (varies for each academic program)
- International Education
- Continuing Education Operations (where relevant)
- Regional Campuses (where relevant)