Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.
In fall 2019, we launched a new employee engagement initiative. Employees across the College have since completed surveys and participated in focus groups to help us better understand feelings related to their job, department, the College as a whole, and more.
These efforts were our first steps in gathering the data we need to identify what we’re doing well, where we can improve, and how we can begin developing meaningful action plans together.
To build on this feedback, we have gathered a group of Culture Champions who will play an important role in shaping our future actions as a College.
Why Culture Champions?
To perform at their best, organizations need to create opportunities for employees to thrive while aligning with their strategic goals. How employees define and shape their workplace culture is critical to the success of an organization, and our Culture Champions will help us implement and sustain cultural change.
As well, employees have expressed a greater need for two-way communication to drive real change. Our Culture Champions will help ensure dialogue across the College is captured as we move through our corporate engagement initiative. Rather than a solely top-down approach, action planning, solutions, and more will be generated from this group of employees at a grassroots level.
What is a Culture Champion?
A Culture Champion is someone who believes in, helps develop, and cultivates engagement in their workplace. They champion the causes of their organization and are at the forefront of how culture emerges. As we move forward in our initiative, the support of employees in leading this work is essential in helping shape the future of the College.
Responsibilities of a Culture Champion include:
- Supporting the development of the corporate employee engagement action plan.
- Helping inform and roll out engagement related initiatives.
- Being a culture ambassador for the College and staying tuned with how employees are feeling.
- Helping disseminate information related to engagement and future initiatives throughout the College.
- Liaising with employees to identify emerging engagement trends/needs.
- Holding the College accountable for progress related to the corporate engagement goals, strategies, and initiatives.
- Participating in Culture Champion meetings in order to come together as a group and build on successes.
Meet Our Culture Champions
|Culture Champion||Area of Representation|
|Clara DeJong||School of Health Science and Community Service|
|Funmi Seidu||School of Continuing Education/Regional Campus|
|School of Indigenous Education|
|Student Services and Global Partnerships|
|Daniel De Jonckheere||Finance and Campus Services|
|School of Business, IT and Creative Arts|
|Shannon Derksen||School of Education, Arts and Science|
|Joyal Kris||Information Technology Services|
We try to ensure there is good representation and diversity from all areas of the College reflected in our employee networks. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.