Important Information Regarding Fit-test Appointments
- Please book your appointment online. Students will need to know their student number and state which fit-test is required (Half-face, N95 or PAPR).
- Please use the online system to cancel/reschedule your appointment. You can do this through the original email confirmation.
- The fit-test room is located in C116.
- Students requiring a half face can bring their own 3M 7500 series respirator (or equivalent) on the day of the fit test or purchase a respirator from the fit tester at the time of the appointment. Do not purchase a new respirator prior to the appointment if you do not already own one. The purpose of the appointment is to ensure you are fitted on the correct size.
- Students will pay the following prices for services rendered:
NOTE: All respirators are subject to availability due to increased demand, therefore, pricing can vary based on brand and availability.
- Respirator Fit Test – $45
- MSA 2200 – $27.99
- MSA P100 Filters – $15.67
- 3M Half-Face Respirator – $39.18
- 3M P100 Filters – $10.06
- Missed/Late Appointment Fee – $45
- PAPR Fitting plus Rental – $85
- All payments will be made on-site prior to the fit-test. Payment options are preferably credit/debit cards or exact cash.
- Be on time for your appointment. Appointments are scheduled in 20-minute intervals.
- Late arrival may result in a missed appointment charge of $45.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel through your original confirmation email 24h prior to appointment or call 204-632-2511.
- Do not eat, drink (other than water), smoke, vape or chew gum for 20 minutes before the test.
- Individuals are required to be clean-shaven where the respirator seals to the face.
- Attending a fit-test appointment with facial hair that affects the seal of the respirator will result in a missed appointment charge of $45.
- If you are unable to be clean shaven due to medical or religious beliefs, please fill out the appropriate form (medical accommodation or religious beliefs) and email email@example.com. We must receive this form at least one day PRIOR to your appointment and one week prior to when a PAPR is required for your program. SHS will supply further information about how to obtain a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) at your appointment. The cost to obtain a RRC Polytech PAPR is $85.