Download a copy of these Terms and Conditions
The officer, person or persons in charge of the group or organization (“applicant”) named on the face of the application form must agree to the following:
- The applicant shall promptly pay all charges assessed by the College for the use of College facilities. All applicable federal and provincial taxes are in addition to the prices agreed upon and must be paid by the applicant. The applicant may be required to pay a fee for losses incurred by the College as a result of a cancellation. The College reserves the right to request a damage deposit.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org from the date of the booking up to 7 days prior to the first reserved date in order to obtain a full refund, but may be subject to an administration fee of $100.
- Cancellations received within 7 days (including the seventh day) will be considered late cancellations and will result in the forfeiture of the total amount. In cases where payments were not received prior to the late cancellation, the applicant may instead lose their scheduling privileges with the College.
- Should an applicant not give notice by 72 hours prior to the scheduled booking or not show up for a scheduled booking, the full amount will be charged to the applicant and an administration fee of $100 will be added.
- If a space is booked within 72 hours prior to the start of the activity, the applicant has the option to cancel by the end of the business day on which the booking was made without forfeiting any fees. Any cancellation made after that period will result in the full amount being charged to the applicant and an administration fee of $100 will be added.
- Any changes to bookings must be received in writing by email, email@example.com and may be subject to an administration fee of $100.
- The College reserves the right to reschedule, or cancel any booking(s) at its discretion with notice.
- In the event that the College reschedules or cancels a booking(s), payments received up to the time of the rescheduling or cancellation will be credited towards a rescheduled booking(s) or refunded at the discretion of the College.
- The College has the right and sole discretion to change the space reserved by the applicant and provide alternate College facilities.
- The applicant may be required to provide evidence of Insurance is to include $2 million comprehensive general liability insurance and add Red River College as additional insured, if requested.
- The applicant shall be responsible for set up and removal of all of its own accessories, and shall be done in accordance with College policies, procedures and instructions. Without limitation, no signage shall be erected upon the premises without pre-approval of the College as to content and placement. In addition, no merchandise or concessions can be sold without prior written approval of the College.
- The applicant shall ensure that it and its guests vacate the premises at the time required by the College. The applicant agrees to reimburse the College for any expenses incurred due to the applicant’s failure to comply with the above noted condition.
- The applicant will take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety and welfare of all event participants and agrees to adhere to all applicable statutes, regulations and by-laws.
- The applicant and its guests will maintain the standard of conduct, cleanliness and care required by the College in the maintenance of its buildings and environment and will ensure that the facility is in the same condition upon leaving as it was when the applicant and its guests arrived.
- The applicant will take reasonable precautions to maintain the security of College. The College reserves the right to determine the appropriate level of security and other staffing levels and such costs shall be charged back to the applicant at the discretion of the College.
- The applicant will be responsible for compliance with the parking regulations of the College.
- The applicant will comply with all fire alarms, evacuation notices and lockdown procedures.
- The College will have the right, at any time, to terminate the permit and require the facilities to be immediately vacated if in the opinion of the College there is danger to public safety or the security of the College. The College reserves the right to deny any applicant use of College facilities in accordance with its policy on Use of Facilities (U1).
- The applicant acknowledges that:
- No representation or warranty has been or will be made by the College regarding the suitability of the facilities for the intended or any use by the applicant; and
- Prior to completing the application, the applicant has inspected the facilities or has waived its right to inspect such facilities notwithstanding that the applicant was given the opportunity by the College to conduct such inspection prior to completing the application.
- The applicant will indemnify and hold the College harmless against any and every claim that may be made against the College by the applicant or its guests; save where negligence of College solely caused any such clai . Further, the applicant shall be liable for any damage of loss to property resulting from acts of the applicant or its guests while upon the facilities. The applicant will immediately report any damage or injuries that occur to College security.
- The College will not be responsible for any damage or loss to any merchandise, articles, equipment or valuables of the applicant or its guests before, during or after the use of the facilities. The College assumes no liability for food and/or beverage served to the applicant and its guests that was not prepared by the College.
- The College shall not be liable for any damages to the applicant or its guests or attendees where circumstances arise that are beyond the College’s control that may interfere, restrict or prevent the performance of the College’s obligations stated herein. Causes which may interfere, restrict or prevent the College’s performance of its obligations shall include, but not be limited to, acts of nature, labour disputes or strikes, fire, pandemic, pestilence, or government controls or restrictions upon food, beverages, other supplies or transportation.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions are for any reason invalid, that provision shall be considered separate and severable, and the other provisions shall remain in force and continue to be binding upon the parties as though the invalid provision had never been included.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted, performed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Manitoba. The parties hereby irrevocably and unconditionally attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Manitoba and all courts competent to hear appeals therefrom.