Membership Fees and Information
- A valid piece of photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) is required to purchase a membership.
- All members are required to sign the Informed Consent form at this link (informed consent) prior to using the facility.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a membership.
Membership Fees and Application
Red River College offers membership in our fitness centre. Rates for membership will vary depending upon what category you qualify for.
Red River College Alumni
Alumni are defined as: Any individual who has graduated with a credential (i.e., has convocated) from a Red River College program (and whose status is in good standing with the College). In addition to those individuals included in the first two categories, it also includes anyone who has taken and successfully completed at least one course, session or semester towards a program (either in person, part-time, online, etc.) taught at/via Red River College. Note: this includes Apprenticeship Manitoba students.
RRC Alumni rate: $130 for 12 months or $68 for four months.
Alumni wishing to purchase a membership are required to fill out the application form. It may take up to 72 hours from the time you fill out the form to the time you are able to visit either Student Service Centre to purchase your membership. NOTE: In addition to the annual membership fee, there will be a one time charge to purchase a RRC Identification Card.
If you have attended RRC in the past, successfully completed a course and or graduated from RRC you could be eligible for an Alumni rate for the fitness centre membership. Please review the information under the alumni heading. Community members wishing to purchase a membership are required to fill out the application form. It may take up to 14 days from the time you fill out the form to the time you are able to visit either Student Service Centre to purchase your membership. Note: In addition to the annual membership fee, there will be a one time charge to purchase a RRC Identification Card.
Community rate: $250 for 12 months or $125 for 4 months.
On the Notre Dame Campus, the Student Service Centre is located in D101. At the Exchange District Campus, the Student Service Centre is located at P104.
Red River College Students
A recreation fee is automatically applied to full time students within their tuition and fees at the beginning of each term. This fee is $21 per term. Continuing Education Students are billed $2 per course. Your RRC Identification Card will provide you access to the facilities starting on the first day of your classes.
Red River College Student Summer Membership
Red River College students who wish to access Red River College Fitness and Recreation facilities during the summer have the option of purchasing a 4-month membership for $20. To purchase your 4-month membership visit one of the Student Service Centres. NOTE: you must be a returning student to purchase this membership.
Red River College Apprentice Students and Language Training Centre Students
Effective April 1, 2020 students in the Apprentice programs and Language Training Centre will be required to purchase a 4-month $20 membership in order to access RRC Recreation and Fitness Facilities.
Red River College Staff
Staff have free access to the facilities with their RRC Identification Card.
Red River College Associates
Associates are defined in College Policy H3 as; “Associate Groups” include RRC Board of Governors; RRC Students’ Association Inc.; RRC Early Childhood Centre Inc.; Manitoba Government employees, Commissionaires and employees of other companies or organizations assigned to RRC; and other individuals or groups as designated by the College from time to time.” Associates can take their RRC Identification Card to either Student Service Centre to pay the membership fee and they will then receive access to the facilities.
RRC Associate Rate: $150 for 12 months or $75 for four months
- You need your RRC Identification Card to enter RRC Recreation Facilities.
- Memberships are not transferable.
- Card sharing – You may not share your card with other people. Doing so will result in a loss of privileges for a minimum of one month
- Occasionally, certain facilities may not be available due to maintenance, special events, etc. Recreation Services will provide advanced notice whenever possible, but memberships will not be extended or refunded.
- Missing cards – We provide members visiting the NDC Facilities the opportunity to forget their card once per month. They must sign in. Should they forget again within the month, access will be refused. At EDC this service is not available as the facility is not staffed during all operating hours.
RRC Recreation Services membership privileges include access to our Notre Dame Campus Fitness Centre located in the North Gym, as well as the Exchange Fitness Centre located in the Roblin Centre. Membership privileges also include access to the North Gym gymnasium for drop-in activities such as badminton, basketball, and volleyball.
- Please report lost or stolen cards to the Customer Service Desk.
- Replacement cards are subject to a fee.
Membership may be canceled upon receipt of 30 days written notice from the member. Refunds will be given on a prorated basis from the end of the month in which the cancellation occurs.
If membership cancellation occurs before the completion of the initial term, a cancellation fee of $25 will apply towards a pro-rated refund of membership fees.
Casual paid parking is available at the NDC Campus on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information on parking at the NDC Campus visit the parking website. At the EDC campus, City of Winnipeg meter parking is available on the streets surrounding the campus.
Rules and Etiquette
- Informed consent forms must be signed prior to use of recreation facilities;
- Loan or use of another members card will result in the removal of membership;
- Indoor athletic shoes, track pants or shorts and shirts must be worn at all times;
- Jeans / shirtless attire are not allowed;
- Proper athletic shoes are required, no open-toed shoes, sandals, sock feet or work boots;
- Non-marking shoes in gymnasium only;
- 30-minute time limit on all cardio equipment during peak times; sign-up is required;
- All cardio and weight equipment must be wiped down when finished;
- Weight machines must be shared at all times; please yield to others between sets;
- Please show respect for equipment, facilities, and personnel at all times. Do not drop or throw weights;
- Bars are to be stripped of weights after use and returned to proper place please don’t drop dumbbells or free weight bars;
- Utilize spotters and collars when necessary;
- Personal belongings are not allowed in the gym or Loft (bags, clothing, etc.). Please use locker rooms;
- No gum, food, tobacco or glass bottles allowed in the facility;
- Personal music must be kept at a level inoffensive to others;
- Please report unsafe/broken equipment and incidents/accidents to desk personnel immediately;
- Unacceptable behaviour, such as spitting, foul language, use of chalk and monopolizing piece(s) of equipment are not allowed;
- Food or open drinks, other than water, are not allowed;
- Change rooms to be vacated fifteen (15) minutes after official closing time;
- Conducting solicitation for personal business is prohibited (ie. personal trainers);
- Only certified Red River College employees may conduct personal training sessions.
Mobile Devices and Photography
- The use of cell phones, tablets, and similar electronic devices, photography of any kind, video recording or other digital image capturing is not permitted in any locker room or other change room area, restrooms, showers, fitness areas, or gymnasium.
- Permission for photography or video recording within the Athletics and Recreational Services’ facilities must be requested – and granted – in advance.