Game Day Announcer Job Description
Enhance your skills in a wide variety of areas: public speaking, script creating, sports commentary, live events, promotions, marketing and advertising.
Gain experience for future jobs in broadcasting, communications, marketing and promotions.. We are looking for passionate and knowledgeable sports fans to become the voice of the Rebels at our varsity basketball, soccer, volleyball, and futsal games.
You will introduce teams, announce the score, promote and explain events, and thank sponsors. Any candidate must understand that you must be willing to work most home games and be available on weeknights and weekends.
- To prepare all pre game, game, half time, contests and post-game ceremony announcements with the assistance of the Coordinator.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- To ensure, in advance that the sound system is in proper working condition and to immediately report any problems or concerns.
- To announce in a clear and articulate manner.
- To show enthusiasm in an effort to involve the spectators into the event.
- To develop and deliver routines which can create a fun and crowd pleasing atmosphere.
- To deliver the appropriate “play by play” in accordance to sport rules and regulations (i.e.. not talking during play if it not allowed by rule).
- To keep correct stats and deliver them as part of the game presentation.
- To help with timing and other scorekeeping duties if required.
- To prepare appropriate music for the entire game, including warm up, introductions, anthem, stoppage and post-game.
- To promote and advertise various Rebels Athletics and Rec Services events, programs and sponsors.
- Help with facility set up and take down for Rebels athletics events.
- As assigned.
- Strong vocal talent
- A unique and definitive personality
- Strong knowledge of college basketball and volleyball is an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
- Comfortable announcing to large crowds on a microphone
- Comfortable announcing complex names from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to speak clearly
- A self-starter with a mature, professional attitude and can adapt to new situations quick and efficiently
- Available to work weekends and evenings as required
Notre Dame Campus
Submit a Rebels Athletics and Recreation Services Application Form, your cover letter and resume to Cole Skinner, Athletics and Recreation Coordinator via email at email@example.com.