Red River College invites applications for Head Coach, Rebels Men’s Volleyball program, competing in the Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC). This is a part-time contract position in our Athletics and Recreation Services department, commencing June 2019 through March 2020. The MCAC volleyball season starts in early September and finishes early March.
Reporting to the Manager, Athletics and Recreation Services, the Head Coach oversees the organization, administration, and staffing of the Rebels Men’s Volleyball program. Responsible for all aspects of the collegiate Men’s Volleyball program from planning, to implementation and evaluation, the coach assumes a key role in the recruitment of student-athletes, team selection, practice and in-season planning/scheduling. A full job description can be viewed on our website at rrc.ca/athletics.
- NCCP Level 2 Certified or Advanced Development Coach trained under the new NCCP or significant volleyball coaching and/or competitive experience.
- Satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Previous experience coaching post-secondary volleyball athletes, or coaching volleyball athletes at least sixteen years of age or older.
- Previous experience with physical conditioning programs for the sport of volleyball.
- The ability to recruit student-athletes and conduct volleyball selection camps and ID camps.
Superior interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, leadership, coaching, and technical skills are also required. Ability to coach during evenings and attend competitions (home & away) on weekends. Must have an understanding of post-secondary education and the MCAC.
It is expected a $5500 -$6500 honourarium will be offered for this position depending upon qualifications
Interested applicants must email a detailed resume including all volleyball experience with appropriate references. The position will remain open until filled.
Please forward your resume to:
Manager, Athletics and Recreation Services
Red River College