The Red River College Rebels are seeking applications for a Certified Athletic Therapist(s). This is a paid contract position. The Athletic Therapist(s) are responsible for the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries for the RRC Rebels Varsity Sport teams.
The RRC Rebels compete in basketball, futsal, soccer and volleyball in the Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC) and Northern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (NIAC). The season starts in early September and finishes in the middle of March. Approximately 50-60 events per season.
There is an opportunity for this to be a shared position.
There is an opportunity for a successful candidate to operate out of the RRC therapy room providing service to RRC staff and students along with the community at large.
Qualifications for the position are:
- Must be a member in good standing with the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) and Manitoba Athletic Therapists Association (MATA)
- Previous experience treating post-secondary soccer, basketball, volleyball athletes.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid Manitoba drivers license
- For therapist(s) who work with basketball must be able to cross the US/Canadian border
Skills and Attributes
- Well organized with good communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to oversee and supervise student athletic therapists
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with appropriate references.
Please forward your resume to:
Manager, Athletics & Recreation Services
Ph: (204) 632-3030
Closing Date: Open until position is filled.