Team up your ride to save money and reduce stress with these helpful options.
GoManitoba is a province-wide commuting tool that matches you with carpool partners who live and work near you. The system also gives you transit options, walking and cycling routes, and matches you with commuting buddies. This service is available for staff, students, and faculty at Red River College, regardless of what campus you attend. As an official sub-site, Red River College students and staff have the option of matching with everyone on the GoManitoba site, or you can choose to limit your search to College-specific users.
Transportation that suits your needs and lifestyle
Remember, you don’t have to give up your car completely. Why not try an alternate commute option once or twice a week to start?
If you receive an invitation to ride-share, it’s up to you to respond to determine compatibility and share your contact information. For more info on this, read the Privacy Statement and Terms and Conditions.
“Top of the Lot” for Student Carpoolers
We’re happy to offer prime, “Top of the Lot” parking for two or more students who form registered carpool groups at the Notre Dame Campus. Dedicated student carpool stalls are located in 3 West (view parking map here). Additional carpool spaces are added based on demand.
“Top of the Lot” Guidelines
- At least one of the group members must have a valid student power permit.
- Each carpooling group must include at least two students.
- At least two vehicles must be registered.
- It is the group’s responsibility to ensure the carpool permit is displayed properly at all times while on campus (read the back of the permit for acceptable placement).
- Student groups must register their carpool group with Parking Services to receive their “Top of the Lot” permit.
Use this checklist as a guide with your new carpool match(es) to increase the likelihood of safety and success for everyone involved.
And now, a word from our lawyer. “The following is not necessarily an exhaustive list and should be used for guidance only. Red River College makes no warranties as to the appropriateness and completeness of the following for any particular user, and shall have no liability for users’ reliance upon same.”