The communications elements used to convey Red River College’s identity help to define its organizational image and brand — the way in which RRC is perceived.
We’ve put together a collection of some of our most frequently used assets so you can get familiarized with the Red River College visual identity and brand. They provide a reference point for the creative production of external marketing materials, as well as formal internal communications, such as reports and correspondence.
Consistent messaging is key to upholding our brand integrity, therefore all visuals, communications and marketing materials must reflect the same values.
- Appendix A: RRC Works Campaign
- Appendix B: Indigenous Education
- Appendix C: International Education
- Appendix D: How the Brand Comes to Life
- Appendix E: Social Media Guide
- Appendix F: Writing Style Guide
Red River College colours convey brightness, youth, and progressiveness. There is a primary colour palette containing very saturated colors, a secondary palette containing more subdued colours, and a grey palette. All of the colours have been selected specifically for their design versatility.
Photos and Imagery
We use photos of people having candid interactions and primarily focus on moments where the subjects are not acknowledging the camera. You can view our entire library of photos on Flickr.
Taking photos in a classroom or at a private event for marketing purposes? Use our Photo Consent and Release form to get permission from participants.
For external communication purposes, the primary typeface that should be used in creating documents is Interstate, while Arial, Calibri and Times New Roman have been selected as approved College fonts for general communication.
To find out more about typography choices, see the Brand Book.
The following email signature format should be used when sending messages from a Red River College account. Optionally, you can add the tagline graphic below your contact information (right-click to save the image and follow the instructions to add images to signatures in Outlook or Mail).
Your Name, Your Title
Red River College
Your Office Address
Backgrounds for Microsoft Teams and Zoom Meetings
The following backgrounds are for use in Microsoft Teams and Zoom meetings. Right-click to save the image and then follow the instructions for Zoom or Microsoft Teams (below).
- Windows: Copy your custom background into this folder:
- macOS: In macOS, select “Go to Folder” from the “Go” menu in Finder. Copy and paste the folder address below and press “Go”. The “Uploads” folder will open and you can drop your background in it.
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads
- During your next Teams meeting, click on the icon with three dots in the menu bar, then click on “Show background effects”, and then select the new background.
Red River College
Use these PowerPoint templates when making a presentation on behalf of the College.
- RRC PowerPoint Template – Red (4:3)
- RRC PowerPoint Template – Red (16:9)
- RRC PowerPoint Template – Teal (4:3)
- RRC PowerPoint Template – Teal (16:9)
School of Indigenous Education
Use these PowerPoint templates when making a presentation on behalf of the School of Indigenous Education.
Apply these bumpers at the beginning and end of your independent video production for a duration of eight seconds.
Directional Signage Templates
Templates available include:
College and Departments
- Academic Preparation and Upgrading
- Community Services
- Computer and Information Systems Technology
- Creative Arts
- Engineering and Construction Technology
- Health Sciences
- Indigenous Education
- Skilled Trades
- Transportation Technology
For custom signs, please fill out a marketing request.