This English for Specific Purposes (ESP) program is designed as a direct pathway to the Health Care Aide and Health Unit Clerk certificate program which is open only to visa students at Red River College.
This full-time, 14-week communication program is for international students with a background or definite interest in health care who have not met the English language requirements for the Health Care Aide and Health Unit Clerk certificate program.
The program will help students:
- develop English language skills useful in a health care environment
- learn the skills and strategies necessary to succeed in a post-secondary institution
- learn language specific to health care training and work
- obtain cultural information about health care aides and health unit clerks in Canada
- have many opportunities to connect with the community and health care industry through a diverse offering of workshops and outings
Students will participate in a weekly community connection groups project to not only connect classroom learning materials to the workplace but also gain experience.
- Must be an international visa student with a current study permit.
- English language proficiency: required minimum, Canadian Language Benchmark Level 6
- Fall 2019 – August 26, 2019 – December 13, 2019
- Winter 2020 – January 8, 2020 – April 24, 2020
- Spring 2020 – May 4, 2020 – August 14, 2020
Language Training Centre
$4,400 tuition (plus insurance and student fees)
For more information on tuition and other fees, contact the International Education office.