This English for Specific Purposes (ESP) program is designed to prepare students for the following culinary academic programs offered at Red River College: Culinary Arts-2 year, Diploma program, Culinary Skills-1 year certificate program, or Professional Baking and Patisserie-1 year program.
This full-time, 14-week communication program is intended for international students who have not met the English language requirements for their academic program and have a background/interest in cooking or baking.
This program helps students:
- Develop English language skills that will enable interaction in a culinary workplace
- Learn the academic skills and strategies necessary to succeed in a college program
- Learn language specific to culinary education and employment
- Obtain cultural information about being a college student and being employed in Canada
Knowledge and skills are gained through adult English as an Additional Language classroom study, computer laboratory work, guest speakers and workshops, field trips, and observations of academic programs.
- Must be an international visa student with a current study permit
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 6
Program Dates – 2019
- Winter 2019 – January 9, 2019 to April 26, 2019