BPIEN – Level 1 – Who is Eligible?
You are eligible for the BPIEN-Level 1 program if you meet the following requirements:
1. Internationally-Educated Nurse
- Must be an internationally-educated nurse.
- Must provide Proof of Education as an internationally-educated nurse – complete the form included in the BPIEN Application Package
2. Language Proficiency
- Must be referred from WELARC.
- Must have taken an English language proficiency test within 6-12 months (through WELARC) and achieved CLB level 8 in Listening, Speaking and Reading; and CLB 7 in Writing OR IELTS 7.0 in Listening, Speaking and Reading and IELTS 6.5 in Writing.
3. Permanent Resident
- The BPIEN-Level 1 program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- There is no charge to participants, but applicants must be permanent residents.