AEPUCE Eligibility Requirements
You are eligible for the AEPUCE program if you meet the following requirements:
1. Language Proficiency
- Must have:
- a minimum of CLB 7 in each skill area on an Adult ESL Student Progress Report OR
- a minimum of 7 in each skill area on a CLB Placement Test
- (English Language Test scores from IELTS, official CANTest, etc. may also be considered.)
- Note: An applicant with a slightly lower level in one skill area may be considered if the other three skills are at a level that exceeds the minimum.
2. Permanent Resident
- This program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), therefore the program is available only to those eligible for language training in LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) programs.
3. Application Package
Click on the link to complete the application form. The following sections must be completed:
- Personal Information
- Educational Background
- Career Plan
- Personal Statement
- English Language Proficiency
4. Instructor Recommendation or WELARC Referral
- If you are a returning student to the Language Training Centre, you must complete Side A of the English for Specific Purposes (ESP) Programs-Permanent Resident Students form and give it to your instructor to complete and submit.
- New students must be referred from WELARC.
To ensure a fair process, the Program Manager and AEPUCE program instructor(s) will together review the applications and make a judgement based on the information contained therein, specifically, the applicants’ language proficiency, educational background, career plan, personal statement and, where applicable, instructor recommendation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Program Manager and AEPUCE program instructor(s) will have final say in determining which applicants are successful. In selection, the program strives to achieve a balance between external students (WELARC referrals) and internal students (LTC students).