Dynamic Learning Environment
Over 30 Years of Innovative Programming
For over 30 years, the Language Training Centre has delivered an intensive English language and academic-preparation program that supports successful learning, living and working in the heart of Canada. Upon completion of our program, you may choose to continue post-secondary studies, explore future career options in Canada, or return to your country with more cultural knowledge and better skills in English communication that is appropriate for culture, education and the work place. There are a variety of programs designed for Permanent Residents and for Visa Students.
Responsive Language Training
The Language Training Centre delivers quality programs that address the current market demands for specific language and cultural communication through instruction in classrooms, language labs, and online, and with guided work experience for some students. New programs are being developed to meet new interests and needs, such as summer camps for Visa Students, short courses, online language support, and bridging programs for occupational areas. The English for Specific Purpose (ESP) programs for Permanent Residents help meet the changing demands of the Manitoba labour market.
Accessible Programs for Diverse Students
- Six levels of language courses, from high beginner to advanced academic preparation (Canadian Language Benchmarks Levels 3 – 8)
- Assessment-based placement
- Experienced and professional instructors have university degrees and ESL certification
- Small classes (no more than 20 students)
- One-on-one opportunities with your instructors – personal attention and support
- State-of-the-art online learning opportunities
- Blended delivery for some programs, offering a mixture of classroom and online learning
- Diverse student population – over 1200 learners from around the world with a variety of goals (post-secondary education, career, or English language exposure)
- Certificate and official language competency report are received when a program is complete
Approachable Staff and Services that Help You Reach Your Goals
- Get up-to-date information on Red River College Polytechnic programs and requirements
- Be supported by career and academic advisors, available on campus
- Receive student support specific to the needs of visa and immigrant students
- Meet industry experts and listen to speakers from community organizations and businesses
- Participate in College visits, field trips, and social activities
- Experience working or volunteering in your field
- Create a portfolio of your skills and experience
Bringing English Communication to Life!
Each program at the LTC is carefully designed for your progress and will help you reach your goals.
You will move up to a new level when you demonstrate the necessary skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Our instructors make sure that when you graduate, you are ready to communicate correctly, effectively and appropriately in work and education settings.