If you walk or drive around town this Saturday and Sunday, you might notice that there are many items on the curb in front of people’s houses and apartments. That’s because this weekend is a Giveaway Weekend in Winnipeg. It’s a great time to get rid of some household items that you no longer use or to browse the curbs for some gently used finds.
Tips if you are giving away items:
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
- Store items out of sight that you do not want to give away.
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
- Do not put out any items that may be infected with bedbugs.
Tips if you are looking for items:
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE.”
- Check all items closely to ensure they are safe and in good condition before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home.
- Don’t walk or drive on private lawns or gardens.
For more information, please visit click here.