“We have to do what we can to help wherever and whenever it is possible for us to help.” – Jackie Chan
Why should you volunteer? While you are helping others, you can also improve your English communication skills, have fun, learn new skills, meet new people, and feel like part of a community!
Here are some exciting volunteer opportunities for this spring. Click on the links for more information or to sign up. If you have questions about any of these opportunities, or would like some help registering as a volunteer, please see our Student Integration Coordinator, Jillian Hoogland, in Room 418.
- An event to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis research and treatments.
- May 3
Pride Winnipeg: Pride of the Prairies
- A festival with many events for our diverse community. Winnipeg Pride is one of the largest celebrations of LGBTTQ culture between Toronto and Vancouver.
- June 5-14
Pride Parade (Team RRC)
- Thousands of people are expected to join in the annual Pride Parade through downtown Winnipeg to show off their rainbow colours and their Pride!
- June 14
Winnipeg International Jazz Festival
- Winnipeg’s largest downtown music festival, with performances from top local, national and international artists.
- June 11-21
- Over 14,000 runners in a celebration of fitness, family, and fundraising.
- June 21