The Peace Award honours the courage, strength and determination of students who were forced to flee their homes under threat of persecution, conflict and violence and have shown perseverance in reaching their educational goals, while overcoming challenges and adapting to a new life in Canada.
There are two Awards of $1,000 each.
SCREENING CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Must be a RRC student in a full-time academic program
- Must be graduating anytime between September 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015
- Must have immigrated to Canada as a refugees/refugee claimants*
*Note: First consideration will be given to individuals who have immigrated to Canada in the past 7 years
Applicants must submit a minimum of a 1,000 word description of their story/experience:
- Their adjustment and experience to living and learning in Canada
- Why they decided to study their current program at RRC
- How the Peace Award will help them succeed in reaching their career and life goals
All applications must be submitted by Sunday, February 8, 2015
All submissions will be evaluated by a panel and the successful applicants will be notified directly.
For more information or to apply, click here or contact Michelle Johnson, Mentorship Program Coordinator, at 204-632-3847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.