– A message from your friends in Diversity and Intercultural Services
Congratulations on making it to the end of the term! As you get ready for the holidays, here are 5 tips to stay busy, avoid boredom / homesickness, and make the most of your time off.
- Be ready for next term! Go to the bookstore and buy your books for the next term, pay your fees, and review your timetable and the locations of your classes next term. This will not only allow you to enjoy the holidays without worry, but will make sure that your first days back in January are less hectic.
- Go outside! Experience Canadian winter in all its glory. Dress for the weather and go skating, shopping, skiing, or sliding.
- Meet friends! This is a great time to stay connected with friends you have not been able to spend time with during the term, and to make new friends.
- Practice a hobby! Winter is a great time to read, cook, sew, practice photography, carve snow sculptures, or some other project you have been wanting to do.
- Relax! Taking some time to sleep and clear your mind of the stresses of school life is important to your mental health and ability to perform when you come back to classes!
Enjoy your winter break – you deserve it!