Career and Workforce Development Month at Manitoba Start
November 4 – November 27; Afternoon sessions (sessions are 2 – 2.5 hours)
- Career panels and information sessions
- Career development
- Canadian workplace culture
- Opportunities for employment and career growth
- Connections with employers
- Finance, Accounting, Nursing, Manufacturing, Transportation and Trades, Education, Sales and Service, Information and Communications Technology and Engineering
*Visit the Manitoba Start website to register.
Computer Training at the Immigrant Centre
- Beginner to Intermediate Computer Skills
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet, Email, On-line Applications, Typing
*Note: You must be an Immigrant Centre client to register for this training.
Next information and registration session: Saturday, October 25, 10:30-12:00
For more information, visit the Immigrant Centre website or see Jillian Hoogland, LTC’s Student Integration Coordinator (Room 418).
Workshops at New Journey Housing
- Home ownership workshops
- Rental workshops (October 24, 4:00 – 6:30 pm)
- Budgeting workshops
*All workshops are free!
*Call 204-942-2238 to register.
*For more information on the workshops visit the New Journey Housing website.
Volunteer Opportunity at The Dream Factory
The Dream Factory is A Manitoba-based, charitable organization dedicated to fulfilling dreams of kids who are battling life-threatening illnesses.
The Dream Factory needs a Special Events Volunteer:
- Casual (2 hour – all day event, approximately once a month)
- Duties include: Setting up / cleaning up at events, manning a display booth, selling 50/50 tickets, registering guests, and much more
*For more information, visit www.volunteermanitoba.ca (opportunity ID 39) or see Jillian Hoogland, LTC’s Student Integration Coordinator (Room 418).