RRC’s Diversity & Immigrant Student Support department will be offering a LINKS (Learning Interculturally: Networks, Knowledge & Strategies) Seminar. This is a 1-day orientation for immigrant students (permanent residents and citizens born abroad) and international (study visa) students.
In this seminar, you will learn about:
- Knowledge of the Canadian College environment, culture and supports
- Networking with other students, and College support staff
- Mindset and strategies that can contribute to student success
- Sense of comfort and connection to the College community
- A personal plan for successful educational, social and cultural integration on and off campus
This year, these seminars will take place on the following dates:
- August 26, 2014 – LINKS Seminar for Immigrant Students (Additional session may be held on August 25th, if necessary.)
- August 27, 2014 – LINKS Seminar for International Students
- August 28, 2014 – LINKS Seminar for International Students
- January 3, 2015 – LINKS Seminar for Immigrant and International Students
- April 28, 2015 (tentative) – LINKS Seminar for Immigrant and International Students
After participating in these seminars, immigrant and international students are better prepared to integrate more fully into academic and community life at the College, and to succeed in their programs.
All immigrant and international students starting a new program at Red River College are strongly encouraged to participate. Invitations to register online for the Fall Seminars will begin in early July.
If you have any questions about this important program, please contact Norlan Page at email@example.com.