RRC Library Online
Online Service Desk Hours (Chat and Email)
While the Library’s physical doors are closed, the online service desk is still running and ready to serve you. Staff are online during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 8:00pm
- Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday 8:30am – 4:00pm
Contact a staff member directly
To reach a specific individual, please consult our Library Staff Directory (email only). All staff are monitoring email and most are available to meet through WebEx at their virtual office link and/or by appointment.
Examples of Services
Through online chat and email, we can assist you in…
- Gathering together online course materials, whether from the Library collection or external sources such as websites and open source videos
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to electronic resources and applications
- Addressing copyright concerns related to transferring courses to an online environment
- Locating sources for an assignment or other research
- Obtaining electronic resources from other academic institutions using Inter Library Loan
- Learning how to use online collections and databases
Check our COVID-19 FAQ page for more information about our services.
RRC Library Online Collections and Guides
Our extensive selection of e-books, e-journals and streaming videos are available 24/7. If you would like assistance finding materials or accessing these resources, our friendly online staff can assist you during our regular hours.
The Library guides include selections of electronic resources curated by our own information experts and are a great starting place for any subject. Please note that our physical collection is currently unavailable. To create a list of favourites for future reference, check out the Favourites section of our OneSearch guide.
NEW! Working from Home Guides
In response to the stress placed upon the Red River College community at this time, the Library has developed two Working From Home guides – one for FACULTY & STAFF and one for STUDENTS. Featuring a compilation of ideas, tips, resources, supports, services and links, these guides were designed to help ease the stress of working from home. We also hope to save you time and energy by providing information you urgently need right now.
Academic Success Centre Online
The Academic Success Centre (ASC) is developing online alternatives to providing students with academic support. Visit the Online Academic Supports section of ASC’s website for information. Check back daily for updated information.
Examples of supports that ASC is developing for online delivery are:
- Weekly reviews
- Help desks
- Individual and group tutoring
- EAL supports
- Academic coaching
- Study skills training
- Diversity training
Additional Online Resources from ASC
- Student Success Skills (strategies for reading, writing, time management, study skills, test taking)
- Student Blog (strategies for anxiety, dealing with emotions, mindfulness)
- STEM Centre (worksheets and videos for different courses and subjects)