UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource which clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions.
UpToDate is the premier evidence-based clinical decision support resource, trusted worldwide by healthcare practitioners to help them make the right decisions at the point of care. It is proven to change the way clinicians practice medicine, and is the only resource of its kind associated with improved outcomes.
Can RRC Students/Staff Use UpToDate?
Your RRC Student/Staff account will give you free access to UpToDate while you are a student/staff at the college. You just need to:
- Initially connect through a special link on the Library website (IMPORTANT!)
- Create a username and password at UpToDate.
Do you want detailed instructions? Read below! (We also have an UpToDate guide)
RRC Students and Faculty should access UpToDate through a special link located on the Library website:
- Go to http://library.rrc.ca
- Click on “Articles/Databases“.
- Look for “UpToDate” in the alphabetical list of resources.
- On the RRC instruction page, access UpToDate through the link titled: UpToDate (User Account Access)
- You will be asked for your RRC username and password. Click the green “Continue to the requested resource” button once login is successful.
- When you first go to the UpToDate site, you may be asked to register a user profile at UpToDate.com. Do it! If you are not asked to register, then manually click the link in the upper right and register an account for yourself. Registering allows you to access the site via the UpToDate App.
Direct Access to UpToDate
Once you register a personal account with UpToDate you may continue to access the site directly, without going through the RRC Library website. However, when 90 days approaches, you will receive an email prompting you to go back to the RRC Library website and reconnect to UpTo Date, thus refreshing your eligibility for free access to the site.
Using the UpToDate App
Individual subscribers can answer their clinical questions anytime, anywhere by downloading an App for iOS or Android. To use the UpToDate App on your mobile device:
- You must first login to UpToDate through the RRC Library web site via the UpToDate (User Account Access link. This initial step is critical for UpToDate to link your account with access granted through Red River College.
- Register a personal account with UpToDate. Remember your username and password. Note: The first time you login, the registration box will appear. On subsequent visits you may have to click the “Register” link on upper right of the site.
- Download the *Free* UpToDate app from your app store. It is available for both Apple and Android devices.
- Open the UpToDate App and login using the personal account you have created at the UpToDate web site.
- You will be granted continuous access through the UpToDate App, however you will be required to refresh your eligibility for access every 90 days by returning to the library website and clicking the link labelled UpToDate (User Account Access.
- The RRC Library maintains an UpToDate Help guide. Consult this guide for the latest in technical information and troubleshooting information.
- You may contact Mark Nelson for technical support.