Staff Accessibility Resources
The College is committed to providing an accessible workplace for all staff. There are many resources and programs available.
Resources for All Staff
- How to Create Accessible Documents (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PDF)
- Accessibility Guidelines for Staff Training
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Library Resources on Disability and Culture
- Assistive Technology Products
- Healthy Minds Healthy College
Resources for Faculty
- Guide for Assisting Students With Disabilities
- Classroom Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Clinical Accommodations for Nursing Students with Disabilities
- Best Practices – Audio Recording of Lectures as an Accommodation
Disability Awareness Course
The Disability Awareness Course is a co-curricular online training housed in LEARN that addresses the educational need to support students’ learning about disability and the lived experiences of people with disability, as well as the intersections of these experiences as part of broader, complex cultural identities. The Disability Awareness Course also provides strategies for affirming communication and inclusion in the classroom, the workplace, and the community at large.
To register for this course, please contact us.
Customer Service Standard Training
This is a mandatory training for all staff that serves as an introduction to the Accessibility for Manitobans Act. This training offers guidance to ensuring the accessibility of the services and supports offered at RRC.
Working Mind and Mental Health First Aid Training
See the latest professional development opportunities available to RRC staff and faculty. Learn more ›